Company Description At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern. Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.Apply Now
Job DescriptionCERN IT department Data Center Operations team is handling comissioning, Asset Management, monitoring and daily operations of more than a 1000 racks and more than 15000 systems installed in multiple on-site locations. You, as a team member, will participate in Design and implementation of integrated Data Center Power Distribution and Environmental Sensors Monitoring and Management system using IT provided tools and services such as Puppet, Collectd, Grafana, Service Now, OpenDCIM and in-house tools as Podium (power monitoring system), DIP (distributed messaging system). The system will provide end-User Interface and/or tools allowing for management of power distribution units (performing firmware updates, power outlets switching, remote configuration, ...), and per outlet / per phase monitoring of each individual unit as well as monitoring of unit groups (per rack/row/pod and/or power source/computing room). Real-time (where feasible) monitoring information shall be provided in central monitoring Grafana displays and fault reporting / alarming shall be performed using Service Now.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State;
- You have graduated, or are about to graduate, with a university degree (BSc or MSc level in Computer Science,engineering or another relevant course) and have no more than 4 years’ relevant experience after obtaining your degree;
- Kindly note that experience prior to the latest obtained degree will not be taken into account for the calculation of your overall years of experience.
- Python programming experience;
- Knowledge of PHP for web interfaces development;
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system and scripting (bash, perl, ...);
- Ability to work in a small team building solutions in close collaboration with other IT services.
Additional InformationCERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 5,281 to 6,558 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
- A CV.
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification.