Date: Jun 4, 2020
Location:Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Grade: IS - 3
Deadline: 2 July 2020 (11:59 PM KST)
The mission of the Green Climate Fund (“GCF”, “Fund”) is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Software Architect, reporting to Specialist, Software Innovation and Integration is responsible for the development of a wide range of very advanced enterprise cloud-based web applications, gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project testing & risk management for current and upcoming GCF ICT systems that are cloud-centric, secure, while flexible in order to enable the organization’s transformative ambitions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new cloud-based web applications and alter existing code to accommodate scale and integration with new technologies and APIs, while implementing applications in accordance with demands for information security and data protection/privacy best practices;
- Identify, define, analyse, and solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges to make GCF ICT systems adapt to ever-changing business requirements.
- Communicate the business value of GCF ICT systems and support users by organising business requirements discussions, building demos and conducting proof of concept scenario workshops, and by developing documentation and assisting tools;
- Be catalytic for the entire team by engaging in design and integration discussions, and handling sophisticated research and exploration tasks as defined by Specialist, Software Research & Innovations.
- Manage and contribute to all aspects of system development coverage (frontend, middleware, backend);
- Master all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, analysis, design, implementation, testing, maintenance) and ensure that respective change management procedures are optimised for business continuity and adherence to industry best practices of continuous development and integration.
Required Experience and Qualifications*
- Advanced degree, ideally in software engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related subjects.
- 7+ years of extensive application development experience, covering frond-end and back-end areas, for creating database-driven, responsive web applications.
- 4+ years of experience developing web-based applications (on any stack), including the domains of relational database design, business logic creation, and front-end building.
- Able to provide work samples of a least one major demonstrable project with front-end code, back-end code, and used database repository.
- Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing SQL database solutions, including complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL/SQL-Server, Git/TFS, ISS/Apache/Nginx, AJAX.
- Strong working knowledge of PHP and/or .NET development.
- Working knowledge of developing and consuming RESTful Web Services/Web APIs.
- Hands-on experience developing, releasing, deploying, and maintain web applications.
- Experience in Cloud services such as Microsoft Azure/Amazon AWS.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365, Identity Federation and API authentication models would be a plus; and
- Experience in a Linux environment and the terminal would be a plus.
- Experience in directly and closely dealing with a heterogenous (cultures, nationalities) IT user/customer base, facing the full range of responsibilities as described under “Duties and Responsibilities” from above.
- Demonstrated ability to identify creative and innovative tech solutions to difficult business problems.
- Commitment to lifelong learning, being savvy in the latest software architecture, design, development, and integration approaches.
- Ease in communicating in GCF’s current official working language, English, is required. Familiarity with further UN System working languages is desirable.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.