FHI 360 seeks a Senior Social Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Community Health and Nutrition Activity. This activity aims to improve the nutritional status of children under five and pregnant and lactating women in target areas in Jordan over a five-year period. The Senior SBC Specialist will provide strategic leadership over the Design and implementation of SBC activities across the project. Key Responsibilities: In close collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other actors:Apply Now
- Lead formative research and the development of SBC related strategies;
- Provide technical leadership and oversight in the planning and implementation SBC activities across the project;
- Oversee development of SBC related tools and materials;
- Monitor activity progress to ensure consistency and coherence across interventions and with other major in-country actors; and
- Work closely with external stakeholders, including the Jordanian government, multilateral organizations, and the private sector.
- Seven years of progressively increasing technical responsibility leading to a senior level of expertise in SBC;
- Master’s degree (2 years of applicable experience can be substituted for a Master’s degree) or its international equivalent in a relevant technical area, such as International Communication, Social and Behavior Change Communication; Social Marketing; Public Health, Health Communication; Health Promotion; or Social Sciences;
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of SBC approaches that address change in social norms, structures, and individual behaviors;
- Strong understanding of local cultural practices, social networks, and gender and age dynamics strongly preferred;
- Experience with international donor projects preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal Arabic and English communication skills;
- Strong intercultural supervisory and team building skills and experience;
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow; and
- Relevant Computer Software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).