FHI 360 is a nonprofit Human Development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally-driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Adviser in Lusaka, Zambia. Position Description: The Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Adviser will be a senior-level member of the project team and will work with Government of Zambia to help promote alternatives to charcoal and thereby reducing deforestation and forest degradation. The SBC Adviser will work the private sector, government, regional and local partners, non-governmental organizations, community organizations, others to promote awareness, Coordination, communication, behavior change to reduce the demand for charcoal and increase the demand for cleaner cooking fuel alternatives. The SBC Adviser will work under the oversight of the Chief of Party to provide specialized technical assistance to Design, implement, monitor, and coordinate SBC and demand generation interventions. Roles and Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provides technical assistance, direction and support related to the development and implementation of SBC/demand generation/marketing strategies for reducing the demand for charcoal and increasing demand for alternative cooking fuels in all project phases from formative research through design, media and material production, Community Mobilization, and evaluation.
- Responds to the specified deliverables and goals of contracts and grant agreements, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in full support and compliance with FHI 360 contractual agreement.
- Leads the implementation of work plans and related activities. Drafts quarterly and annual reports, and all other reporting requirements as needed.
- Liaises with and manages partner organizations involved in country program activities and assists in the implementation of project activities.
- Strong understanding of current state of the charcoal industry and/or alternatives cooking fuels and technology with knowledge of state of the art social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application to improving or shifting consumer demand for charcoal fuel sources.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative, and practical solutions to communication challenges in developing countries.
- Field experience in developing and implementing SBC projects and programs in Zambia and/or other African countries that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective demand generation, marketing and SBCC interventions.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming, and management skills.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in one or more local languages. Fluency in English required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills, and experience working in collaboration with the private sector, government, partners, donors, and NGOs.
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines.