Due to the significant volume of recruitment being undertaken by Joint Force Training Centre (JFTC) the processing time for applications will take longer than normal. Once you have submitted your application please ensure that you have received a TALEO/NTAP acknowledgement email, which is your proof that your application has been submitted. After this you will be contacted in due course by our recruitment team with further information on the status of your application, but please note that this may not be for several weeks after the vacancy notice closes. If you are an experienced Core Database Deployable Community of Interest (DCOI) Services Support Technician, looking to join a dynamic team working in a multi-national environment, 3rd NATO Signal Battalion would be interested in hearing from you.Apply Now
Post ContextNSB provides CIS services to deployed NATO HQs. The Maintenance and Support Company is responsible for Technical Support of Command and Control services (including Information Systems Support to Functional Services), by providing electronic maintenance (level 2 ) of deployable assets, for level 2 maintenance of Communications Information Systems (CIS) and Non-CIS equipment, and supply for the NATO Signal Battalion. The Communications and Information Systems Platoon is responsible for the operational planning and control of all level 2/2 Communications Information Systems (CIS) maintenance assets in support of NATO operations and exercises. The Information Systems Administration Section is responsible for level 2 maintenance of local area communications and information systems and services, on all NATO locations. (Deployed or Peace Time Location) The incumbent is responsible to the Information Systems / DCOI Service Support Section Head for the management and service support of the assigned Core IS and COI Services in operations and exercises. Reports to: ODP MCSX 0010 - Section Head (Information Systems Administration) - OR-7 Principal Duties: The incumbent's duties are: 1. Supervises overall CIS system deployment verifying overall integrity of all systems in full operation. 2. Assists the IS/FAS systems Engineer to ensure that preparation, operation and maintenance of all AIS assets is kept at highest standards to allow rapid deployment. 3. Supervises system deployment verifying overall integrity of all systems in full operation. 4. Supervises military technicians in the system deployment, trouble-shooting and day-to-day administration. 5. Directs and supports the level 1 initial training – On Job Training (OJT) for all DCM personnel with IS and DCOI support responsibilities within its Battalion. 6. Under the overall Coordination of HQ J2/6 and the direction of the IS/FAS engineer, responsible for the transition of systems and services to the operational environment. 7. Mentors the DCMs in the level 1 COI service provision 8. Performs a DCIS-Wide level 2 support role on Core Services, and a level 1 support on COI Services. 9. As required, performs Core and COI systems tests prior to deployments/exercises to ensure proper configuration and operation of assigned systems. 10. Performs the investigation and resolution of problems relating to Core and COI systems beyond the technical abilities of military technicians and contractors. 11. On deployments to operations, missions or exercises, may supervise technical staff and contractors from NCISG or from external agencies within his specific area of expertise. 12. Responsible for performing backups/recovery of Exercise and Operational systems and data for Core and COI Services. 13. Responsible for providing input to the IS/FAS Engineer and HQ J2/6 for technical requirements for future projects impacting both the HW and SW of assigned systems. 14. Collects and analyses performance metrics and suggest to the IS/FAS Engineer and HQ J2/6 possible Service Improvement Plans. 15. In coordination with HQ J2/6 and the IS/FAS Engineer, contributes to the development of SOP to standardize and harmonize the provision of Core and COI Services and assists technicians in the implementation of those procedures as needed. 16. Performs other duties as may be required. Special Requirements and Additional Duties The employee may be required to perform a similar range of duties elsewhere within the organisation at the same grade without there being any change to the contract. Mandatory Deployment Post. The incumbent may be required to undertake deployments in support of military operations and exercises, and/or TDY assignments, both within and outside NATO boundaries. Such operational deployment may exceed 30 days duration up to 183 days in any period of 547 days and may be on short notice. For NATO International Civilian Staff, acceptance of an employment contract linked to this post constitutes agreement to deploy in excess of 30 days if required. Normal Working Conditions apply. The risk of injury is categorised as: No Risk Essential Qualifications
- Higher Secondary education and completed higher vocational training leading to a formal technical or professional certification with 3 years function related experience, or Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 5 years post related experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Core Information systems; this includes as a minimum two of the following: Windows Server, Active Directory, Domain Naming, Group Policies and Desktop deployment.
- Two years experience in the operational business processes of COI/Functional services.
- Three year experiences in Web platforms and Database Management.
- A minimum of three year’s experience in Application Support.
- A basic knowledge in Service Management.
- Good knowledge of system interoperability, LAN/WAN and network concepts.
- Three years experience deploying and managing server virtualization technologies. Preferably VMWare.
- Experience in user technical support, Service Desk operations and/or configuration management..
- Practical experience in creating system documentation and status reports.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure management and capacity management.
- Good understanding of storage concepts, and backup/recovery policies.
- University degree in a field related to the duties of the post.
- Member of a CIS-related recognized professional body or institution.ITIL Intermediate certification
- MCSA or MCSE Certification.
- COBIT 5 Foundation.
- ITIL Foundation.
- Experience in CIS operational support on NATO exercises.
- Proven experience in the support of NATO Command & Control and Operations Functional Systems / COI Services.
- Experience in user technical support, Service Desk operations and/or configuration management.
- Practical experience in the use of modern concepts and accepted industry standards for software engineering development tools (e.g. Unified Modelling Language (UML), Entity Relationship (ER) diagrams, etc.)
- Experience in the development/management of DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle, Postgresql)
- Experience in Web development, management of MS SharePoint and Apache IIS.
- Broad in-depth experience in managining WSUS, ePO, Print and File Servers, Clusters, SANs, VMWare, Hyper-V
- Experience in the use of UNIX/Linux systems.