We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as Senior Technical Officer to support the implementation of FHI 360’s HIV and Tuberculosis (TB) programs, based in Hanoi and/or Ho Chi Minh City. Position description: The Senior Technical Officer will serve as key technical staff supporting the FHI 360 Vietnam country program to advance sustained local ownership of a state-of-the-art response to HIV and TB. S/he will support implementing program initiatives and strategies in HIV/AIDS and TB active case finding, treatment enrollment and retention to ensure FHI 360 and its partners achieve the HIV and TB project targets. Under the project leadership, the Senior Technical Officer will assist in monitoring the provincial implementation of an enhanced approach to HIV and TB case detection, including activities in the community and the healthcare setting. The Senior Technical Officer will also support efforts to transition financial and technical ownership of quality HIV and TB services to GVN via social health insurance and local Technical Assistance (TA) provider network mechanisms. Main responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership and assistance across the cascade of HIV and TB service interventions, strengthen the Coordination between prevention, testing, support and treatment in implementing the HIV and TB program strategies
- Provide timely Technical Support and ensure the quality and use of data to monitor intensified HIV and TB case finding, treatment enrollment and retention, focusing on provincial and district level implementation to achieve the HIV/TB treatment programming deliverables and targets
- Provide technical assistance to ensure the quality of services in these settings, including assistance in developing and implementing integrated HIV/TB care and treatment guidelines, new algorithms, and standard operating procedures.
- Transfer skills and technical knowledge to build the capacities of local staff and other counterparts to achieve high-quality HIV and TB programs and continuously improve HIV/TB integration services.
- Support the development of sub-awards, subcontracts, consulting agreements, and other contractual or procurement mechanisms that comply fully with FHI 360 and donor policies, procedures and regulations.
- University degree in the medical or Public Health fields or related fields
- At least 5 years of working experience in international development or health projects in Vietnam
- Proven experience in providing HIV and TB services or technical assistance in Vietnam
- Experience with U.S. government contractual requirements and experience working in an international NGO environment desirable
- Well-developed written and Oral Communication skills in both Vietnamese and English
- Ability to travel as necessary