The Innovation in Citizen Services Division (ICS) is looking for a senior social scientist with a proven track record and strong academic skills in transparency, integrity and anti-corruption reforms to help us advance the dialogue, policy, operational and knowledge agenda with innovative and rigorous approach. The division’s mission is to strengthen the institutional capacity of the state to deliver better services to citizens using digital solutions and innovation, to support the modernization of public management, and to promote citizen safety and security. Because of its wide range of activities, ICS is organized into four clusters. The Public-Sector Management Cluster (PSM) supports the strengthening of core government functions to enhance their capacity to implement policies. The Citizen Security and Justice Cluster (CSJ) promotes investments in social prevention, security management and Access to Justice services. The Data-Driven Digital Government Cluster (DDG) supports countries of the Region in improving the quality of services for their citizens and businesses. To do so, DDG promotes the operational efficiency in government agencies at all levels, through Digital Transformation and the use of information technologies. Finally, The Transparency and Integrity Cluster (T&I) supports efforts to promote Access to Information and compliance with international transparency and integrity standards. The team’s mission: T&I Cluster areas of work are defined by the Sector Framework Document on Transparency and Integrity [LINK HERE], recently adopted by the Inter-American Development Bank. These areas include supporting policy reforms ranging from access to information, public sector ethics, financial disclosure, as well as transparency and governance of the extractive sector, and anti-money laundering, among others. It also includes a cross-sector approach, working collaboratively with other sectors, such as infrastructure, health and BIDInvest, among others. The T&I Cluster works in helping member countries implement sound and practical policy reforms, aligned with international standards (UNCaC, OECD, FATF, etc.) and increasingly relying on the use of digital technologies. Our counterparts in the public sector include, among others, ministries of finance, supreme audit institutions, anti-corruption agencies, financial intelligence units, as well as sector ministries and agencies. What you will do:Apply Now
- Engage in identifying, designing and executing technical assistance and lending operations in transparency, integrity and anticorruption.
- Advise and mentor Bank specialists on the Design and implementation of transparency and integrity reforms at the sector level.
- Promote the Bank’s contributions in external and internal networks, translating academic findings into policy-relevant recommendations for our borrowing countries.
- Originate and supervise analytical and knowledge products, including publications, training materials, courses and other knowledge and dissemination products.
- Cultivate strategic alliances and promote technical assistance, operation identification, design and execution.