WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance Job Title: Senior Resource Mobilization Advisor (social protection) Type of Contract: Regular Consultant Division: PPR Duty Station (City, Country): HQ Rome (or remotely) Duration: 01/12/2020 – 31/03/2021 The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a Sr. Resource Mobilization Advisor Consultant position in our Public Partnership and Resourcing (PPR), based in Rome, HQ and/or remote based. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT: The Public Partnership and Resourcing (PPR) department leads and coordinates WFP's corporate resource mobilization efforts with Public Donors at capital, regional and country office levels. Under the strategic and operational guidance of the PPR Director and in Coordination with the Thematic Focal Point and a representative from the Social Protection team, the consultant will conduct a strategic review and Analysis of donor policies and priorities in the thematic area of social protection, including an overview of potential new resourcing opportunities and possible entry points for WFP's 'changing lives' programmes. The analysis will also include a review of recent developments and impact of Covid 19 on ODA budgets and priorities. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The candidate will perform the following duties:Apply Now
- Conduct a macro-analysis of global policies and resourcing trend in the thematic area of social protection with a focus on government donors and multi-donor funds. The analysis will also take into account complementarities and inter-linkages among different sectors.
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of 10 government donors' political, budgetary and policy developments in social protection, including scoping of key partners in respective donor markets, operational and geographical priorities, key entry points for WFP, current level of engagement and potential capacity [including an analysis of donor narratives as well as Parliamentary reporting requirements].
- Explore opportunities around funding opportunities supported by the selected 10 government donors, looking at complementarities among different funding sources as well as assessing how WFP can support national governments in mobilizing resources building on its added value.
- Develop a stakeholder Mapping for key partners in respective donor markets, including an analysis of key operational and thematic priorities and opportunities for each partner with a view to positioning, partnering and Reourcing for WFP changing lives programmes [including public donors 'new' line ministries i.e. Agriculture, Finance, Education and Environment; bilateral development agencies and banks; research institutes and think tanks, key CSOs/NGOs].
- Suggest targets, timeline, roles and responsibilities across the organization for engaging with the strategic stakeholders identified, looking at how to best build on ongoing collaboration and maximize impact of joint and coordinated outreach efforts on social protection.
- Consult with Government Partnerships Officers at capital, regional and country level as well as other thematic and partnerships departments to assess how to best complement internal with external knowledge and mapping and look at complementarities among different funding sources, including host governments and international financial institutions and private sector.
- Develop a standard template for thematic donor profiles, including comprehensive, strategic and synthetic donor intelligence that will inform WFP resource mobilization efforts for the 'changing life' agenda. This should include guidance on how to access this information and look at linkages with existing products, including Partnership Action Plans.
- Review, analyze and advise donor intelligence information available in Sales Force, WFP information Data Management system, as well as in other partnerships and thematic units, with a view to taking stock of donor intelligence already available in WFP and identifying key information requirements and gaps to be addressed more systematically in the future, building on the outcomes of this exercise.
- Develop donor mappings for WFP 6 Regional Bureaux and identify donor priority countries where WFP could conduct country level donor mappings per theme, building on the Partnership Action Plans developed around news Country Strategic Plans for submission to the Executive Board.