The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate - Information Technology (CS IT) – Business Services Department (BSD) - Risk Management and Best Banking Practice Division (RB) - Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit (CRR) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Regulatory Compliance IT Application Officer. This is a full time position at grade 5/6, (80% of working arrangement is also possible). The term of this contract will be 4 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for September 2020. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeAs a (Senior) Regulatory Compliance IT Application Officer (internally referred to as (Senior) Officer IT Applications) you will drive the development, implementation and maintenance of software solutions covering all compliance areas, including anti-money laundering, know-your-customer, market abuse, Data Protection, conduct and ethics in order to enable the EIB Group to meet best banking practices in terms of regulatory compliance.
Operating NetworkThe Credit Risk & Regulatory Unit provides several Software Applications, principally third party packages, to support the compliance of our processes and organization to the standards outlined in applicable legislations. You will drive the implementation of an ambitious roadmap aimed at providing the EIB with state-of-the art software in the domains of anti-money laundering, know-your-customer, market abuse, Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) and other connected areas. You will report to the Head of Unit.
- Handle a portfolio of several compliance initiatives and take responsibility for assigned projects by ensuring the completion of deliverables within the set schedule, budget and quality objectives
- Ensure that IT policies and initiatives in own domain are implemented and key operational processes are run in the most effective and efficient way
- Conduct and coordinate business Analysis efforts with business analysts/or business representatives and external IT consultants to produce application specifications in line with business needs.
- Manage the overall maintenance and support activities, either directly or through external teams to provide best quality services to our internal customers
- Manage contracts with external suppliers with the aim of obtaining optimal quality and value for money and play a leading role in the related procurement procedures
- Provide coaching and support to less experienced colleagues to increase their knowledge in the field of expertise and to increase the efficiency and quality
- Assess the impact of changes to components of the IT architectural landscape and advise relevant stakeholders on this matter
- Provide advice and recommendations to clients on application systems and on operational and functional problems to ensure that compliance software solutions are conceived, built and managed in line with business requirements, EIB/IT standards and methodologies
- Take project management responsibilities throughout all stages of the solution delivery and supervise the activities of a team of external consultants and software providers
- University degree preferably in Computer Science or related disciplines
- At least 5-years of relevant experience in IT, and in the area of Anti-Money Laundering, Know-Your-Customer, market abuse, sanction screening or GRC solutions
- Understanding of compliance department’s key business processes
- Experience in selecting and implementing off-the-shelf software packages and an understanding of service contracts
- Experience in managing a set of IT projects or a program in the financial sector
- Technological expertise in IT, including the Design, development, implementation and maintenance of compliance information systems. Knowledge of IT applications architecture and infrastructure concepts
- In-depth technical and functional knowledge of software products/packages used in the compliance area
- Good understanding of the business activities and data supported by own application in the assigned functional area(s)
- Good understanding of relational databases and development languages. e.g.: Unix scripting, SQL, Java/J2EE
- Good understanding of the RegTech landscape
- Excellent knowledge of project management principles, methods and practices
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and good command of French (*). Knowledge of another language of the European Union would be an asset