The Organisation: Plan International is an independent Child Rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. Plan actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. Plan support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. Plan place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. Plan have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International Jordan is established in 2016 and has programmes in Azraq refugee camp and host communities.
Background: Plan International in Jordan is contracted to implement a 3 years’ project called “First Steps’ Big Step”. The action is designed to effectively support parents and caregivers to be more responsive and empowered to nurture children in a safe, enabling environment where ECD services are integrated across service providers/ sectors through national priority. To create access to quality ECD services and for ECD to be prioritised, demand needs to be generated bottom up from parents/ caregivers as well as supported top down.
By advancing parenting across multiple sectors/ government bodies, including the Health Sector this project ensures that children are more effectively nurtured and parents are enabled to better support children’s developmental milestones and protect child’s rights.
Purpose: Plan International Jordan is seeking an experienced Project Manager with demonstrated knowledge and experience in managing large projects with multiple partners, focusing on -support parents and caregivers to be more responsive and empowered to nurture children in a safe, enabling environment where ECD services are integrated across service providers/ sectors through national priority. The project manager is expected to provide leadership and integral management to his/her program team and partners.
The project: “First Steps’ Big Step” project is implemented by Plan International Jordan and NCFA, RHAS and ideas42 as implementing partner.
The Project Manager will be based in Amman with frequent travel to project locations inside Jordan; He/ She will lead and oversee project implementation, assure the quality of programming and ensure adequate Coordination of the Plan implementation team as well as overall coordination and planning with all relevant stakeholders. The project manager will be responsible for:
Coordination and Communication:
- Leads overall coordination, involving all partners to ensure adequate implementation of the project;
- Ensure effective information sharing and learning across agencies including providing quarterly updates on project activities for internal and external purposes;
- Establish strong working relationships with all project members and develop an in-depth understanding of the activities, support needs and strengths of each project member;
- Ensure cross learning among the relevant sectoral programmes of the project members;
- Organize project planning and monitoring meetings with key staff, partners and stakeholders;
- Coordinate with Finance, Communication, Procurement, MERL, technical advisors and Logistics to access support required for project implementation;
- Update project outline with any significant changes in context and send to line manager for approval;
- Provide effective oversight to the consolidated project budget in collaboration with project members and with Plan International Jordan finance team;
- Coordinate the writing and submission of regular narrative and financial reports to the donor and other stakeholders as required;
- Represents Plan International, and the other members of the project (if needed), in platforms and meetings held at community and national level.
- Ensure visibility requirements are fulfilled in a quality and timely manner according to donor guidelines and specific requests of Plan International Netherlands as well as donor’s communication team.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with partners and support to complete their responsibilities in compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Recruitment and induction of the projects team with the support of the HR department
- Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the line manager and Head of Mission and that are compatible with the job.
- Develop, implement, oversees and monitors the project, in accordance with the objectives, activities and targets outlined within the proposal and in line with project’s budget.
- Manage budget and monitor expenses for the project.
- Forecasts and follows up on expenditures related to the project and participates in budget revision exercises.
- Conducts and coordinates field monitoring visits to Plan’s and partners’ activities.
- Identifies logistic and admin support needs related to the project and communicates these to the programs manager and relevant log/admin support person.
- Lead the work planning process with partners and coordinate between partners to ensure complementary activities and sequencing among activities and between projects.
- Frequently revise the work plan ensuring proper sequencing of activities and timelines match donor and other project commitments.
- Managing Plan’s partnership with different partners related to the projects
- Managing the technical leads of all partners, ensuring that the activities are synergized, organized and managed optimally while at the same time operated in compliance with donor requirements and relevant guidelines.
- Ensuring all support documents (means of verification) and general project documents are properly filled in and filed
- Review and follow up on partners reporting (narrative and financial).
- Managing Plan’s project staff.
- Maintain and develop mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the impact of the project’s work, as well as its partners and ensure learning is integrated into future Design" id="link" class="link">Program Design;
- In collaboration with project members and MERL team, ensure proper Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and information generated used for program implementation and design of new opportunities;
- In partnership with project partners; plan and coordinate activities to support project activities, communication and advocacy work;
- Design reporting systems for monthly reports to ensure accountability;
- Ensure full compliance with reporting systems, review and present all information gathered in an analysed report;
- Present regular reports to the Plan International Netherlands Programme Advisor as required.
- University degree in Social work, Sociology, Education, Development, or any related social science
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in project management in sectors of ECD, parenting, advocacy.
- Knowledge of ECD programs in the context of Jordan and globally and ECD policies frameworks for refugees and Jordanian.
- Previous experience in managing a project
- Previous experience in managing large grants
- Previous experience on working with partners.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, training and facilitation skills
- Strong coordination, networking and advocacy skills
- Strong skills in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and Arabic
- Awareness of Child Protection issues
- Sensitivity to gender and child protection.
- Acts with high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to deal with complex situations and issues proactively and persistently