**This position will be posted through Friday, June 12th**
Global Delivery Programs (GDP) works to improve the delivery of health products and services and promote health system innovations so countries can significantly reduce maternal and child mortality, improve disease control, and advance health equity.
Leadership & Culture
Our culture shapes our choices about what we do and how we do it. We believe that energized people, working well together and having fun, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment can do extraordinary things! We expect foundation employees to intentionally and consistently embody our four agreements; show respect, offer trust, be transparent, and create energy.
This Senior Program Coordinator (SPC) position sits on the Strategy & Insights team in the Global Delivery Program (GDP) within Global Development. This position leads and facilitates cross-team planning, collaboration and issue resolution. Supports prioritization, tracking of in-flight work and progress toward goals, learning and reflection on investments and initiative efficiency, and convening of critical working sessions to advance the work of an initiative team. Coordinates, develops, and handles a portfolio of investments, with an emphasis on processes and systems, initial investment due diligence, and timeline management. In support of programmatic strategic goals, may provide or support budget oversight and planning, financial analysis and reporting, and process management for the portfolio of investments, which may include grants, contracts, and program related investments (PRIs).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Shapes and analyzes portfolio of investments to align to goals and priorities and to balance investments across risk, time horizon, partner types, and other portfolio factors, in partnership with deputy director and team of program officers.
- Tracks and orchestrates teamwork products, facilitating planning and alignment for team priorities, and portfolio execution progress.
- Owns, plans, and facilitates cross-team initiatives and communities of practice, within program team and across Global Delivery.
- Manages complex projects and initiatives in support of overall team goals and outcomes.
- Collaborates with business partners, grantees and vendors throughout the investment life cycle to lead investments through internal and external processes. Collects portfolio data, identifies trends and communicates issues to program team.
- Plans and participates in cross-foundation and cross-program projects as appropriate. Areas of involvement may include Investment Workflow, IT, Finance, HR, and others.
- Drives annual pipeline planning process, partnering with peers across Global Delivery to align on timing, approach and communication.
- Provides leadership on cross-team and investment learning, convening periodic learning sessions to reflect on individual investments, topic or initiative progress overall, and captures discovery on hypotheses regarding investments and their health impact outcomes.
- Acts as subject matter expert on processes, tools, systems and templates and provides training, ongoing coaching and process change support to program team and external partners to ensure successful adoption and sustained use.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Able to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a fast-paced, exciting environment! Open to rapid change and able to learn new things quickly. Able to distill what is needed next, even without expertise in programmatic content.
- Builds trust, influences individuals and teams without explicit authority, and fosters collaboration and conflict resolution across colleagues, with partners, and among stakeholders.
- Learns new content quickly.
- Communicates clearly with team members and partners.
- Sees and acts on improvement opportunities (process, self, etc.)
- Recognizes complexity and assesses risks and alternatives in light of competing requirements and incomplete knowledge.
- Organizes and tracks details across multiple complex areas of work.
- Understands basic investment rules, regulations, policies, processes and practices and can advise when they are applicable. Is knowledgeable in all phases of investment-making, and engages partners and decision-makers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and ability to work across multiple investment-making systems, based in Access, Excel, SharePoint, and other web-based software applications. Basic SharePoint site administration skills, including metadata tagging, document view creation, archiving, and creating and maintaining confidential files.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in business management, project management and stakeholder engagement in a complex environment.
- Experience in public health or developing country contexts is a plus.
- Grant-making knowledge a plus.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We’re committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.