The Senior Officer works under the supervision of the Associate, Procurement & Operational Delivery Department (PODD) Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) and is responsible for:
- PODD supplier / contract database – monitoring the operation of the database and provide advice and guidance to its users (both in PODD and across the Bank);
- Data Integrity – performance of a range of data integrity checks including data reconciliation checks.
- Reporting – compile regular reports on cost and operational savings made against agreed targets; and prepare data for use in regular, periodic ad hoc reports for the board, donors, senior management and stakeholder departments.
- PODD Budget – monitor the utilisation of the budget of the PODD and provide budgetary projections when required by the Associate, PODD CLM.
PODD provides the Bank's staff with services in all areas of the Bank, HQ and ROs related to procurement for the daily operation of the Bank as well as the consultancy services required to provide critical expertise in delivering the Bank’s mandate. PODD is required to ensure the continuing optimal efficiency, Cost Effectiveness and timely completion of procurement processes to support the Bank in the most efficient use of available funding and high quality delivery of its mandate. Protecting the Bank’s reputation as counterparty, PODD must deliver while meeting the requirements of transparency, fairness and accountability in the entire procurement and contract implementation processes.
PODD adds value through appropriate, timely and effective procurement and through active contract / supplier management and an ongoing assessment of value for money, working closely with internal clients to deliver a continuous improvement approach to procurement and supplier management activities, and maintain up-to-date market knowledge in order to respond to both new requirements and to identify opportunities for enhanced value for money. PODD works with PPAD to ensure a common approach is taken by the Bank to procurement undertaken by the Bank’s clients and for the Bank’s own requirements.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Senior Officer is responsible for:
- Monitoring the operation of the PODD supplier / contract database (the ‘Database’) and the provision of advice and guidance to its users (both in PODD and across the Bank).
- Developing guidance documents and training PODD staff and stakeholder department representatives on the use of the Database. Monitor the effectiveness of the Database and its reporting capabilities, identifying and proposing improvements to the Associate, PODD CLM.
- Supervising change processes, especially in relation to the PODD’s IT systems, including active engagement in the development and testing of new IT solutions.
- Liaising with the IT Department of the Bank regarding the development of new reports and enhancements to existing reports.
- Proactively maintain the quality of data in the Database, in order to allow for accurate reporting on all aspects of its contents including supplier performance, contract expenditure, and category spend and savings achieved.
- Reconciling monthly data and reporting from the Database.
- Providing regular and ad hoc reports on data held in the Database intended for a range of audiences including the Board, Donors, and Senior Management and Stakeholder departments.
- Undertake statistical Analysis of reports produced with high level summaries, including the Annual Report to the Board.
- Monitoring the utilisation of the PODD budget and the provision of budgetary projections when required by the Associate, PODD CLM.
- Performing other ad hoc duties according to the needs of the Department, and as directed by the Associate, PODD CLM including the issuance of standard contracts, extension and amendment documents.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High Computer literacy: Windows, MS Office (MS Excel in particular),
- Proven analytical skill and budget management experience
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, command of English language, writing and communications skills
- Excellent Administration and organisational skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Ability to work independently
- Good commercial, interpersonal judgment and acumen
- Ability to perform well and work effectively under pressure with high workloads, work efficiently and as part of a team and communicate confidently and assertively at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Reliable and flexible with a professional attitude
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.