Senior Prevention Specialist
Date: May 21, 2020
Location:Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate Fund
Deadline: 28 June 2020
The mission of the Green Climate Fund (“GCF”, “Fund”) is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
Under the direct guidance of the Deputy Head of IIU and within delegated authority, the Lead Prevention Specialist will lead in the development and implementation of proactive integrity initiatives, monitor the effectiveness of integrity efforts, and develop awareness and capacity-building programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan to promote GCF integrity standards within the organisation and its funded activities.
• Identify opportunities to collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement strategies that enhance accountability and deter the occurrences of Prohibited Practices
• Identify new and emerging policy trends, align integrity advocacy priorities with organisational goals, and engage GCF staff members and partners in IIU’s proactive integrity initiatives.
• Deliver awareness raising and capacity development related activities to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Contribute to and support the IIU in consultations and collaboration with multilateral funds, international finance institutions, and other relevant parties for best practice knowledge sharing and other institutional purposes.
• Represent the IIU at external events and functions as required.
• Develop materials and processes needed for capacity development, including training, mentoring, coaching of partners, peer learning, and any other applicable methodologies.
• Collaboratively develop and implement assessment and monitoring mechanisms as prescribed by GCF integrity policies.
• Provide guidance and mentorship, and lead prevention team initiatives including the revision and/or development of policies.
• Assist in evaluating operations and the team’s function to ensure effectiveness and impact of the IIU’s outreach and engagement efforts.
Required Experience and Qualifications*
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in law, criminology, social sciences, or other related fields.
• Minimum of eleven (11) years of relevant professional experience in an investigative, compliance, or legal role, with focus on development and/or implementation of anti-corruption/anti-fraud initiatives.
• Experience working in an international institution is highly desirable.
• Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
• Highly organised and knowledgeable on integrity issues.
• Able to exercise sound judgment with advanced decision-making abilities; tactful and diplomatic.
• Capable of working under strict timelines with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with highly developed cultural sensitivity in communicating with all levels of staff and external clients.
• Able to establish strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures.
• Excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in the use of standard office productivity tools.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing, and references. Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.