Grade: NOB Publication date: 24 December 2019 Application deadline (midnight local time): 10 January 2020 Vacancy no.: BEY/DC/2019/53 Job ID: 2304 Department: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut Organization Unit: RO-Arab States/DWT-Beirut Location: Beirut Contract type: Fixed Term The recruitment process for National Officer positions is subject to specific local recruitment and eligibility criteria. The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates
- Manage the financial operations and accounting services of the Office covering accounts payable and receivable, approval of payments, accounts reconciliation, forecasting and year-end closing of accounts. Act as Certifying Officer for the Office. Prepare financial reports for management
- Oversee the work of and provide guidance to staff in concerned operational areas. Supervise staff as applicable. Conduct training in relevant operational areas and provide briefings and induction to new staff.
- Provide substantial professional services in the design and delivery of operational services encompassing finance, and administration areas. Oversee procurement, facilities and asset management, security, communications, information management, information technology (IT), transport, registry and messenger services, as required. Assess and anticipate operational and staffing requirements and contribute to the development of the Office’s workplan and preparation of the Programme and Budget proposals.
- Assist the Country Security Focal Point (CSFP) in ensuring the safety, security and well-being of officials and the security of premises and assets in accordance with United Nations Security Policies and procedures. Act as Local Security Assistant as required.
- Prepare annual plans identifying the Office’s major procurement requirements. Oversee the drafting of procurement requests and submit for clearance as appropriate. Prepare or oversee the preparation of standard solicitation documents. Conduct bidding processes ensuring compliance with applicable standards and participate in the Analysis and evaluation of received proposals. Prepare for approval purchase orders within delegated authority. Provide guidance to concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations and recommend amendments to and extensions of contracts.
- Keep abreast of changes to applicable standards and best practices. Share knowledge and provide guidance to staff.
- Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of work methods and processes and make recommendations for improvements. Liaise closely with staff and managers to ensure effective and smooth service design and delivery, recommending improvements on interrelated processes.
- Conduct research and analyse data and information on a variety of operational related subjects. Prepare analytical reports to contribute to programme/project monitoring and provide inputs to reports and other communications.
- Participate in UN interagency meetings, working groups and joint initiatives on common system activities in the concerned operational areas. Prepare information notes on key issues and developments and follow up as required.
- Follow up on internal and external audit recommendations and draft responses to audit inquiries and observations for consideration of supervisor
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.