IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9). Overview Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international Development Finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and The Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate Extreme Poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030. ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members. The position is assigned in the Health Sector Group (SDSC-HEA) of the Sector Advisory Service Cluster (SDSC) within the Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC) Department. The SDCC is the focal point of sector and thematic work in ADB. The SDSC was established to house the seven Sector Group Secretariats where the SDSC-HEA is tasked to provide operational advice and support for health projects in regional departments, as well as knowledge generation and sharing for the health sector. Job Purpose The Senior Operations Assistant will provide technical and administrative support to the Health Sector Group by carrying out policy and strategy related work, providing support in the processing and implementation of technical assistance, and coordinating matters relating to sector knowledge events and outputs. The incumbent will report to the Chief of Health Sector Group. ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Coordinates and monitors activities for the sector operational plan and sector group work plan and other policy and strategy-related activities.
- Contributes to the preparation of sector-related documents including research on assigned topics, collecting and analyzing data as requested.
- Provides administrative support to the Health Sector Group.
- Provides support in processing TAs, particularly inputting/updating information in the eOps and similar databases, preparing correspondences, and monitoring processing schedule.
- Assists in administering and implementing TAs which may include support for budget monitoring, drafting correspondences such as on supplementary financing, TA extension, consultant recruitment and administering consultants' contracts, processing TA financial closing and completion reports, and monitoring and uploading relevant documents to eOps and similar databases.
- Provides logistical and administrative support to the organization of sector-related knowledge events including budget preparation, logistical arrangement, engagement of resource persons, dissemination activities, drafting of briefing notes, coordinating with participants from, inter alia, DMCs, regional and international organizations and ADB; and fulfilling protocol and communications-related requirements as needed.
QualificationsRelevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Management, Social Sciences or other relevant discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Thorough understanding of the role and function of the division/office/department and a good general understanding of the organization's purpose
- Good working knowledge of ADB's procedures, formats and standards relevant in the performance of assigned work is preferred
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for Administrative Staff Level 5.