Crown Agents is recruiting a Senior MEAL Consultant to work on a large Health Programme working across 12 countries led by Crown Agents. While the MEAL of the programme is led by one of the consortium members, this role will bolster our MEAL capabilities, provide quality assurance for Crown Agents and ensure the learning from the programme enables greater accountability and improvements in delivery both within the programme itself and the wider Crown Agents portfolio.
Main Responsibilities of the Job:
- Work closely with consortium partners on all aspects of MEAL to ensure the quality of all outputs, including quarterly reports, annual reviews, logframes, theory of change and SMART indicators.
- In collaboration with consortium partners, ensure all aspects of MEL framework Design and delivery are underpinned by robust conceptual frameworks for Leave no-one Behind Strategy.
- Work with consortium partners to ensure that strong Data Management processes are in place and that programme data is aggregated, analysed and used to understand progress, challenges and bottlenecks to the programme.
- Oversee the performance of the MEAL consoritum partner, ensuring they are performing in line with contractual expectations. Regularly communicate progress on deliverables and performance with he Team Leader and the Programme Director.
- Contribute to client’s progress report and ad-hoc information request.Contribute to the identification and Analysis of potential areas for investment via the Policy and strategic investment funds (PSIF)
- Contribute to integrated lessons learned approach that captures learnings and best practice over the course of the programme, enabling the programme to be flexible and adaptative so that outcomes will continue to be delivered in a context of fragility, security and shifting priorities
- Work collaboratively with the Global Programme Manager to regularly monitor and analyze value for money indicators (VFM) to inform decisions on programme delivery and effectiveness
- Manage the relationship with the Third Party Monitoring organisation for the programme to set up monitoring mechanisms, contribute to setting the agenda and provide information on programme performance.
- Work closely with the TL and the PD to ensure the relationship with the TPM is constructive and adds value to the programme: by enabling discussions that encourage strategic insight, advice and support from the TPM.
- Ensure that our MEAL activities on the programme contribute to Crown Agent’s core values, enabling us to increase our accountability, enhance adaptiveness and ensure sustainability of our programmes.
- Ensure that MEAL activities and requirements are fully costed and spend is closely monitored with support from the financial team.
- Work closely with the delivery and communications team to enable transparent, effective and accurate evidence-based communication of Crown Agents’ impact and learning
- Feed into the organisation’s overall impact communications planning and client reporting processes.
- Keep up-to-date with emerging and trending best practice in processes and tools for MEAL, including evaluations of similar programmes;
- Support the building of a Continuous Learning culture within the programme and Crown Agents, enabling adaptive programming through strong MEAL frameworks.
- Any other activities as required to support effective and quality delivery of the programme
- A minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience.
- A senior individual, able to bring good technical understanding and operational experience of MEAL within the Health Sector and a strong ability to think strategically and solve complex problems.
- Demonstrable leadership experience in the design and implementation of MEAL in health projects.
- Experience working with theories of change (ToC) and / or comparable programme development tools and designing robust MEAL frameworks for performance measurement.
- Experience working and communicating with diverse internal and external stakeholder, such as commercial managers, technical and programme specialists, representatives of local governments and international partners.
- Experience working within a consortium in operationalising MEAL plans.
- Experience writing and communicating briefings, impact & progress reports or comparable documents and liaising with key stakeholders to inform and validate them
- Experience working and managing the relationships with relevant MEL counterparts within the partner organisations
- Thorough understanding of the technical elements of robust and effective MEL systems for large Health Programmes implemented in low- and middle-income countries
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to communicate to a variety of audiences
- Project management skills and ability to soundly and rigorously manage budgets and resources
- An organised, methodical approach to work and ability to juggle competing priorities
- Ability to work on own initiative, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work and operate as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence: a genuine team-player with strong listening, negotiating and persuasive skills, and the ability to gain the trust and confidence of stakeholders at all levels.
- The ability to deliver documents to the highest levels of professionalism with a strong commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- A keenness and ability to be flexible, versatile and learn quickly in new or changing environments.
- Willingness to travel as and when necessary
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive Economic Growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, Humanitarian Action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what's on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.