The Sr. HR manager reports to the VP of HR and is responsible for Design, implementation, Administration, and communication of all total rewards programs, including health, welfare, wellness, retirement, base pay, incentives, and other rewards and perquisites. The Sr Manager would be responsible for oversight and ongoing development for our total reward programs, ensuring benefits, are competitive, sustainable, scale-able, and have an impact on the long- and short-term performance of the organization. In addition, this role will oversee the Payroll Manager for the Organization and provide oversight and support on Employee onboarding and engagement initiatives, pay performance management, compliance, and support all other functional areas of HR as needed.
Domestic and International Benefits (Expat/TCN Benefits):
- Point of contact for all benefit issues for the combined organization
- Lead the relationship with brokers to ensure that the organizations benefit package is competitive, cost effective and compliant. Keeps abreast of new approaches and offerings for benefits.
- Responsible for timely and quality benefits administration (medical, dental, vision, life, etc.) and serve as escalation point-person for resolution of benefits related issues for both staff and vendors.
- Ensures that the appropriate policies and procedures to support benefit offerings are current, legally compliance and followed.
- Managing discrimination testing and other mandatory reporting and testing requirements related to employee benefits in the US.
- Manages employee paid/unpaid leave to include FMLA and disability.
- Partners with the VP of HR to create and disseminate staff communications to ensure benefits are fully understood and utilized.
- Assists in gathering appropriate information for the VP to allow needed communications with Senior Leadership regarding annual benefit costs, options, utilization etc.
- Is knowledgeable and informed about benefits and pay issues as they relate to the organization's Expat and TCN staff. Is informed and educated about local laws that might impact our staff, as we enter new countries.
- Keeps abreast of new innovations in these areas and suggests changes to the organization's offerings.
- Creates appropriate dashboard reporting for payroll and benefits.
- Manage billing reconciliation process to ensure accuracy of payments and continuity of benefit plans.
- Serve as the payroll and benefits Administrator and consults with the VP & AVP, HR to provide guidance on salary administration for Expat & TCN.
- Conduct benefit Employee orientation presentation to domestic and international staff (Expat/TCN staff).
- Responsible for ensuring overall data integrity for monthly Payroll and in partnership with Payroll manager, that all staff changes are correctly processed.
- Oversee the reconciliation of quarterly census with all Benefit invoices and payroll records
- Provide oversight and communication in partnership with the HR VP on merit and or COLA increases Reviews payroll in a QC capacity.
- Serves as the lead on the organization's payroll conversion.
- Responsible for registration and ensuring compliance in new states in partnership with Accounting.
Compliance/Employee Handbook/HR Policies:
- Keeps abreast of changing Federal, District and State laws and regulations both for US staff, expats and TCN's and ensures policies, practices are compliant and up to date.
- Perform periodic audits related to benefits, ensuring HIPPA is enforced
- Assists with development and maintenance of the Employee Handbook as it relates to benefits and funder related polices.
- Ensures compliance with all medical related leave of absence Participates in investigations of employee relations issues that have a medical/benefits aspect involved (ADA, FMLA)
- Provides guidance and communication with employees who inquire about LOA.
- Provide consultation to staff with highly complex benefit situations in conjunction with benefits broker and carriers
- Prepares draft internal communications regarding any relevant HR issues such as changes to the policy, compensation, benefits, or new policy releases for VP review.
- Ensures in partnership with HR Associate that all new hire staff are receiving a high-quality new hire benefits orientation with a focus on communicating the value of the benefits package and ease of use for staff.
- Ensures in partnership with HR associate that all exiting staff receive all necessary benefits information upon termination.
Supervision: Supervise payroll and benefits staff
Other Duties as Assigned
Models proactive response to change
Independently leads and manages assigned projects
- Interpersonal Proficiency:
- Communicating with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Relationship Management
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Technical Proficiency:
- Human Resources knowledge
- Payroll and Benefits Knowledge
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Minimum 7-8+ years of Human Resource experience
- Prior Benefits experience in an international organization strongly preferred
- experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS)
- Knowledgeable about US laws and regulations governing employee benefits.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, important and complicated HR benefit programs and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining excellent customer relations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits programs (Health, 401K, etc.) and experience working with external vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure value for money and effective service.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Fluency in Spanish or French preferred
- BA or BS degree required; HR certification or Benefits certification required upon hire or agreement to complete within one year of hire
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.