This is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply. Applications received in response to previous posting will be considered together with applications received in response to this advertisement. Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB. 1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9). In the event that the staff appointed to a new category (i.e. from AS to NS, or from NS to IS) is rated at 2 or lower in the first two performance reviews after appointment at the new level, they will return to the level occupied immediately prior to their appointment in the new category. This is a special fixed-term appointment for a period of three (3) years following Section 3.1 (c) of Administrative Order No. 2.01 (“Recruitment and Appointment”). This appointment is not convertible to a regular appointment. It may be extended on exceptional basis for a further fixed period at the option of ADB, if the position continues to be required under the Digital Agenda 2030. This appointment is open to internal and external applicants. If the successful candidate is an ADB staff member holding a regular appointment, his/her regular appointment will be converted to a special fixed-term appointment. A special fixed-term appointment will automatically and without prior notice expire at the end of the term. Overview Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB's mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. ADB's main instruments for helping its developing member countries are policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance. ADB only hires nationals of its 68 member countries. The position is assigned in the Program Management Division (ITPM) within the Information Technology Department (ITD). ITD enables ADB's IT transformational projects and operations required for the Bank's activities and knowledge exchange. The office delivers IT services and solutions, provides tools and knowledge platforms, and supports ADB's endeavors to leverage the optimal use of information and Communication Technology in developing member countries. ITPM oversees and provides resources to manage the portfolio of projects to ensure successful implementation of the portfolio. The division sets the standards for good project management within ITD and provides dedicated project managers as well as Change Management support for significant projects. Job Purpose The Senior (IT) Specialist (Project Management) is responsible for ensuring the success of a group of projects within the IT reforms with focus on the implementation and support of new application systems for ADB. Ascertain that appropriate timing, resources, and sequencing of work efforts are applied in the projects to create the deliverables within an agreed time frame and budget. Ensure that ADB's project standard, procedures and policies are followed (e.g., Project Management Framework, System Development Life Cycle, Quality Management Framework etc.). Formulate the technical vision for the specified group of projects. Provide leadership and technical direction to the different project team and work with ADB business areas and external partners to achieve objectives. Plan and implement road-maps of maintenance releases. The incumbent will report to Director, Program Management Division and will supervise National and Administrative staff. ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Supervise the day-to-day project activities and ensure that appropriate internal and external resources are allocated to the different projects.
- Manage project scope, resources and expectations in balance with the different project budgets.
- Identify project risks, recommend appropriate mitigating actions, and manage the implementation of these actions.
- Resolve project-related issues or escalate these issues for resolution by the Director, Program Management Division.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress. Provide accurate and timely reports to management and the Project Steering Committee.
- Ensure that relevant procedures and practices are followed by the different project teams.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, organization, and direction in support of ADB's business goals.
- Keep abreast of technological developments and global trends and translate them into technical guidance to the Program/Project Sponsor.
- Produce to-be visions and road maps for future development.
- Facilitate smooth turnover/rollout of projects to the Business Area.
- Build effective work relationships among key project stakeholders, and all internal and external partners.
- Work closely with other teams, division and/or departments for audits, prioritization, quality and compliance.
QualificationsRelevant Experience & Requirements
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master's degree. With industry-recognized Project Management Certification such as PMP or Prince2.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in Financial Services / Banking industry including international work experience.
- Experience in large scale program and project management.
- Experience in working with external suppliers and outsourcing support work.
- Demonstrated skills in implementing multiple vendor products and integrating the new solutions to the existing production environment.
- Ability to apply accepted project management and implementation methodologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in preparing and presenting business cases, both orally and in writing.
- Expert knowledge of Software Development methodologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship, and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
- Please refer to the links below for the applicable ADB Competency Framework
- ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels IS4
- ADB Competency Framework for International Staff Levels IS5