FHI 360 has a long history of supporting clinical research. In April 2019, our Global Research Services (GRS) operating unit became an independent, commercial organization named FHI Clinical Inc. FHI Clinical helps support and conduct clinical research in low-resource settings around the world. Our team includes clinical project managers, clinical research associates, research assistants, laboratory technologists, laboratory auditors, document specialists and instructional designers.
With culturally sensitive and multilingual employees in the United States, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe, FHI Clinical offers the following services to government and private sponsors:
- Project management
- Protection of participants’ safety and rights
- Site identification, evaluation and development
- Site monitoring, management and training
- Research operations
- Laboratory capacity building, auditing, and training
- Logistical support
We seek competitive and entrepreneurial candidates to join our team. https://www.fhiclinical.com/
Provides support to end-users, internal users, or partners. Serves as the liaison between the IT department and the end user on issues related to desktop computers, laptops, printers, network connectivity and remote access. Also, provides first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware. Simulates or recreates a process to resolve operating difficulties and may interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems. Prepares PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training to end user. Handles basic support of hardware, applications and operating systems, technical consultation and networking.
- Provides first line support to end users for PC, server or mainframe applications, and hardware through troubleshooting.
- Simulates or recreate processes to resolve operating difficulties and recommending system modifications to improve performance.
- Interacts with networking services, software systems, and applications as appropriate for problem resolution.
- Prepares PCs for deployment and provide education and/or training.
- Assists in supporting and training company users about online communication services and client hardware and software operating environments.
- Serves as a productive project team member by completing assigned tasks.
- Performs software installations on company computers and configures applications as specified.
- Assists in the evaluation of business problems, evaluates and recommends vendor packages, and implements required software.
- Establishes a positive relationship by demonstrating a sense of urgency in interactions with clients.
- Organizes and follows complex and/or detailed technical procedures.
- Performs hardware diagnostics for company computers and maintains partnerships with manufacturers and vendors.
- Proactively promotes positive customer relationships and mentor’s others to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Creates ad hoc work groups to analyze problems, develop solutions, and communicate solutions effectively.
- May lead projects that require directing the work of others and with some latitude on actions or decisions.
- May manage timelines and resources and may lead implementation efforts to completion.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Exhibits in-depth knowledge of organization and relationships (formal and informal).
- Interprets and communicates information, ideas and instruction.
- Uses persuasion and negotiation to build cooperation and consensus towards decisions.
- Translates advanced technical issues into understandable terms for non-technical users.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Preferred Job-related Experience:
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment, preferably in the Clinical Research Industry.
- Advanced skills in Azure AD, Microsoft Intune, SharePoint, Teams, MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities for self and manage time to achieve goals complete projects on or ahead of due date.
- Understands the goals and objectives of the department, and own job standards.
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5 - 25 lbs.
- Expected travel time is 10% for this position.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.