Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest Global Development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. Visit www.ifc.org.
IFC’s Human Resources (HR) Department provides strategic partnership to the business to develop and implement workforce strategies and meet organizational goals, including attracting, developing and deploying diverse and skilled talent. Led by the Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Resources, the IFC HR team delivers products and support that meet the business needs of IFC across the following areas:
• Client Services – offers strategic HR partnership, program implementation, support and solutions to staff and management globally;
• HR Programs – designs best practice HR solutions in onboarding, career management and mobility, performance/Talent Management, incentives and awards, and leadership development;
• Strategic Initiatives – manages key HR initiatives, such as Board engagement, fragile and conflict states, workforce planning, position management and people analytics and reporting; and
• Employment Framework and Recruitment – designs and implements HR programs in the areas of HR strategy, policies and procedures, departmental project and knowledge management, diversity and inclusion, and talent acquisition.
We are seeking a Senior Human Resources Officer on the Employment Framework and Recruitment team to develop and maintain IFC HR’s strategy, policies and procedures framework, project management function, external engagement and knowledge management. This position will report to the Principal HR Officer, Employment Framework and Recruitment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and update the IFC HR strategy in line with IFC 3.0 and the HR operating model
• Incorporate inputs from the WBG HR Strategy, business consultations, client survey, Employee Engagement Survey and other feedback mechanisms into strategy development
• Develop and implement consultation, endorsement and communication plan targeted towards key stakeholders, including the Board
• Contribute to periodic reports and presentations to stakeholders on the status of strategy implementation
Policies and Procedures
• Review and update Policies and Procedures Framework (PPF) documents and ensure changes are communicated and accessible to HR and clients
• Identify and fill gaps where PPF not documented or where waivers/delegations are required to align with HR model
• Advise IFC HR colleagues on application of PPF
• Collaborate with other parts of HR, e.g. Bank Client Services and HR Operations, to ensure consistent application of IFC PPF
• Review proposed new and updated WBG PPF on behalf of IFC HR
• Design and implement certification program to build capacity of IFC HR to understand PPF and consistently guide managers and staff
• Establish compliance function for HR PPF
Project Management Office (PMO)
• Track the status of milestones, deliverables and metrics for programmatic areas linked to the IFC HR Strategy
• Introduce project management and innovation principles/governance across IFC HR
• Manage IFC HR Management Team agenda and decisions/actions tracker
• Establish and maintain an IFC HR calendar
• Build relationships with external partners to learn best practice, share knowledge and expand networks
• Maintain relationships with research partners/subscriptions and ensure utilization
• Establish and maintain KM strategy, tools and processes for HR, including relevant Capacity Building for the IFC HR team
• Maintain internal IFC HR knowledge sharing platform (Teams)
• Establish and maintain new IFC HR website; ensure MyHR content relevant to IFC is up to date
• Establish consistent branding and positioning of IFC HR via presentations, reports, organizational chart, communications, blogs, videos, etc.
• Master’s degree in relevant field (e.g., Human Resource management, organizational development, business Administration or related discipline);
• At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources in an international organization, corporate or consulting environment;
• Extensive experience, proven track record and knowledge of best practices in the areas of HR strategy, policies and procedures and project/Program Management;
• Demonstrated experience in successfully translating business and HR strategies into the design and implementation of programs;
• Superior program, project management and organizational skills;
• Ability to generate HR data and use insights from data Analysis to guide HR policies and business decisions;
• Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity and deal with competing priorities and tight deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to form Client Relationships at all levels;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including formulation of policies, presentations, briefs, and papers.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.