This job opportunity is located in Memphis, Tennessee Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? you bet! This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Senior Giving Societies Consultant in our National Center office located in Dallas, Texas . The location of this position is flexible. In this role, you are responsible for creatively providing strategic consultation and donor engagement experiences for the AHA Giving Societies – Cor Vitae Society and Paul Dudley White Legacy Society. Responsible for supporting the structural and operational framework of societies including but not limited to developing donor stewardship practices, engaging National and Regional consultants in systematic stewardship, serving as key strategist for select National donor events, and supporting the overall growth, renewal and revenue impact of the Cor Vitae Society and PDWLS. Also, responsible for supporting and executing stewardship when required, as determined by the Vice President, Giving Societies and Donor Engagement. Responsible for collaborating with Mission Events Team, Mission Advancement Giving Societies Team and National Executive Leads (Ball, Walk, GRFW) to create market and individualized materials for donors that support collaborative and consistent donor experiences. Essential Job Duties:Apply Now
- Develops and leads strategic planning, implementation and vision casting for Giving Societies to drive systematic stewardship and recognition guidelines that serve as National and Regional best practices and templates. Communicates with key stakeholders such as Giving Societies Advisors, Individual Giving Advisors, CEP, Foundations, National Consulting Teams and others focused on donor facing society strategies to elevate the society brands.
- Provides key oversight and creativity as the liaison for the Mission Advancement team, in partnership with the Giving Societies Team, for National Donor Events (i.e. Scientific Sessions, International Stroke Conference, Red Dress Collection, etc.) to ensure a seamless and perfected donor experience so that the Regional Vice Presidents, Major Gift Directors and teams can ensure an exceptional donor experience.
- Develops, drives and fields implementation questions for donor facing society materials to ensure consistent branding and the ability for all AHA staff, as appropriate, to have the ability to incorporate Cor Vitae and PDWLS into existing materials, market structure and overall goals & objectives. Works closely with the Vice President, Giving Societies and Mission Events Team to lead development of membership tools and resources to support staff and donor communications and drive association-wide buy-in. Identifies best in class experiences and engagement both within and outside the association.
- Partners with Vice President, Giving Societies & Donor Engagement; Giving Societies Teams, Mission Events Team and key partners, to establish best practices for unique member events and core event execution and member recognition, particularly shaping VIP opportunities for donors committing at higher Circle/gift levels.
- Partners with the Giving Societies national team and other national key partners (National Executive Leads, etc.). Ensures the overarching goals of the Giving Societies are achieved by identifying thoughtful and targeted member communications to drive society growth and renewal.
- Five (5) years of experience actively working in a donor engagement program development and strategic planning in a consultative environment
- Three (3) years of experience in fundraising, sales, or related area
- Three (3) years of experience using donor relationship management software, such as BBCRM, Blackbaud, Dynamics and/or Raiser’s Edge
- Demonstrated proactive, collaborative skills with various levels of staff
- Demonstrated excellent in verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to travel up to 20%
- Ability to assess need and prioritize assigned projects/tasks