IRC is seeking a Senior Education Advisor for a USAID-funded five-year education project in South Sudan to support education services for conflict-affected populations, with a focus on reintegrating out-of-school adolescents and youth into formal and non-formal education and Training Programs. The Senior Education Advisor will provide technical oversight of all program deliverables, ensuring high quality outcome-oriented results, rigorous monitoring and timely reporting. The role will also involve monitoring and support to the work of partners and sub-awardees, building of local capacity, and engagement with relevant stakeholders. This position will report to the IRC Chief of Party and is contingent on funding. Job Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Provide technical leadership and oversight of all aspects of the intervention, including monitoring, evaluation and learning, Curriculum Development, Teacher Training and professional development, social and emotional learning, and livelihoods and employability training;
- Regular communication and Coordination with the Chief of Party and key home office staff on technical and Project Management issues;
- Manage the education team and strengthen the technical capacity of staff to implement high quality education programs;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites, as possible, to provide technical assistance and ensure proper implementation and monitoring of project activities;
- Produce inputs to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for the Chief of Party and donors, as needed.
- Advanced degree (PhD or MA) from an accredited university in M&E, education, international development, or related field;
- At least ten years’ experience managing education programming, with at least five years of experience with work specifically in crisis or conflict-affected contexts is required, preferably in East/Central Africa and South Sudan.
- Significant prior experience with education systems strengthening, age-appropriate learning, alternative or non-formal education and civil society is required;
- Experience in technical tools and materials development, Monitoring and Evaluation in relation to education is highly desired. Experience in strategy development and working across sectors or disciplines is highly desired;
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders;
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written;
- Fluency in English required.