This job opportunity is located in Baltimore, Maryland Overview Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless force for a world of longer, healthier lives? Envision all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every single day. This is satisfying work that makes a real difference in people's lives. You can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. You will connect with people and make a lifesaving impact. You will partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. Responsibilities The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opening for a Senior Development Director – Social Events for our Baltimore, MD region. The Senior Director Development, Socials will work with the highest-level corporate executives in the territory to become key leadership volunteers and board members while supervising a team of field campaign development staff. As the senior leader for the team you will be responsible for:Apply Now
- Ensuring your team meets/exceeds annual revenue goals for the market.
- Leading development staff in the identification, cultivation and recruitment of C-suite and Upper Level Management Volunteer leaders.
- Developing and implementing a plan of revenue growth through key Fundraising events, strategic market partnerships and philanthropic donors.
- Sponsor solicitation, activation, and cultivation while maintaining and stewarding relationships with key corporate and community leaders.
- Establishing new accounts to reach the highest level of revenue generation.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to your direct reports to ensure their success.
- Building a network of volunteer partnerships to advance our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substiuted for a degree. experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in corporate sales or fundraising with at least one (1) of those years supervising staff with a revenue goal.
- Strong management skills with the ability to coach and mentor staff to use standard methodologies, timelines, and volunteer engagement practices to ensure that revenue targets are reached.
- Ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with senior level volunteers/customers. Strong volunteer recruitment and management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding sales/fundraising goals. Must be able to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals.
- Phenomenal interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and social skills.
- Must be willing to work outside normal hours including early morning, evenings and weekends as needed.
- You must be willing to travel within your territory daily as well as occasional travel to other locations in the affiliate and to our National Center in Dallas, Texas for meetings or training.