The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services Directorate (CS), Buildings and Logistics Department (BLD), Building Construction Projects Division (BCP), West Building Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Design Advisor on Architecture. This is a full time position at grade 5/6. The term of this contract will be 4 years Panel interviews are anticipated for January 2021 The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeAs (Senior) Design Advisor on Architecture (internally referred to as (Senior) Officer Facilities Management) you will be responsible for the supervision of the West Building project development’s elements, excluding the Technical Building equipment scope, during the preliminary design phase and the subsequent approved phases in order to achieve and deliver the agreed service and project results for each project phase in terms of time, quality and budget thereby contributing to the achievement of the Bank’s objectives.
Operating NetworkYou will report to the Head of Unit and liaise in the daily work with the other team members of West Building Unit. At a later stage you will also liaise with external consultants such as an external specialised project manager, architects/engineers, specialised building consultants and general contractor/s among others.
- Drive and supervise the development of the project for the West Building’s future facilities resulting in effective best value for money outcome of each project stage for all matters except matters related to technical building equipment;
- Supervise and review the design and the construction progress of the project until the commissioning phase, in compliance with the design brief for all matters except matters related to technical building equipment;
- Based on experience and best practices further enhance the design and the construction principles for the project along its duration in line with the building programme, schedule and budget;
- Ensure that design, construction and commissioning are implemented within the approved schedule and cost estimate and at the required quality level;
- Support the Head of Unit in the organisation and planning in line with the EIB targets and medium and long-term business and Facility Management needs;
- Contribute to the management of external suppliers to implement the strategy and processes for the management of the project and its related studies and works in terms of design and construction;
- Contribute to the general project progress in cooperation with other team members such as technical managers, schedule, cost, quality and contract managers;
- Proactively propose improvements and Coordination processes, procedures, tools for own domain.
- University degree in Architecture or other relevant fields.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the construction field;
- Experience in an international organisation/company would also be an advantage
- Experience in coordinating, reviewing or developing large scale projects to assure that the deliveries are following the building requirements. Proven experience in supervising both design and construction phases
- Knowledge on Health & Safety standards applied in construction;
- Good knowledge of buildings structures
- Good knowledge of EU procurement regulations and practices;
- Good knowledge of environmental regulatory issues, of BREEAM certification process, and of Circular Economy principles;
- Good knowledge of Heritage frameworks
- Ability to draft comprehensive reports
- Good knowledge of standard Computer Applications including MS Project;
- Knowledge of BIM modelling would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Luxembourgish regulatory framework would be an advantage
- Certification of a project management methodology will be considered an advantage;
- Excellent command of English and good command of French. Knowledge of a third EU language would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of technical vocabulary in French would be a strong advantage.