The term of this contract will be 4 years; Panel interviews are anticipated for early November Are you interested in contributing to reducing the operational risks associated with the EIB’s lending activities? Become part of the Operational Support team and help ensure that projects are smoothly executed through efficient processes and with the right 1st Line of Defence controls. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeMaintain the procedures within the Operations Directorate, with a view to ensure procedures are always up to date, can be easily followed by front-line staff, and accurately integrate the Bank’s prudential, compliance, and other policies. Contribute to the Internal Control Framework (ICF) activities in the Directorate related to the Directorate’s lending, investment and mandate management activities. Support the Division’s work on the ICF so as to ensure that it is: (i) is properly designed and effective to mitigate the identified risks and to operate within the limits of the Bank’s appetite for risk; (ii) is compliant with applicable laws and regulations; and (iii) is adapted to organisational changes and new activities – in close liaison with the Financial Control (FC) Directorate to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of the Bank’s objectives relating to operations, reporting, and compliance. Monitor action plans to address and prioritise identified control enhancements. In addition, contribute to foster the communication of procedures to the front officers, and to promote an “operational risk and control” awareness amongst process owners within OPS. Where required, follow-up and assist in the fulfilment of Internal Audit reports and action points relevant to OPS.
Operating NetworkReporting to the Head of Unit and working in close co-operation with the other members of the Division, including the Head of Division, the other Divisions and Units of the Operations Support Department and other OPS Departments. Network of contacts with all other Directorates, primarily Financial Control and RM. External contacts may be auditors, Audit Committee etc.
- Work in the team leading the creation of a comprehensive and inclusive set of OPS procedures, with a view to making these easy to understand for OPS staff, thereby taking into account internal (new policies and initiatives, lessons learnt from operational incidents, audit recommendations, etc) and external (external audit, BBP, SREP, ECB/EBA guidelines, etc) drivers;
- Maintain the OPS procedures and ensure the timely transposition into the procedures of new policies and rules;
- In close liaison with FC, improve (including through testing) and maintain the Internal Control Framework (ICF) of OPS and the correct Mapping of changes into updates of the ICF as well as taking into consideration the changes required from operational incidents;
- Support Division and Department Heads to ensure effective communication and knowledge- sharing within OPS around operational risks and controls, including through regular awareness raising actions within OPS on the importance of ICF;
- Draft notes and reports on operational and policy issues;
- Share knowledge and provide guidance to more junior colleagues in the context of specific tasks;
- Represent the Directorate in various relevant internal and external for a, and ensure that OPS’ views are known and taken into account.
- University degree, ideally in Finance, Economics, Audit, Business Administration or any related subject
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, conducting similar responsibilities, preferably gained in a major financial institution, with exposure on areas such as internal control frameworks, internal processes, operational risks and internal audits. Previous experience as an Internal Auditor or Consultant in the Banking sector would be an advantage
- Solid experience in a financial institution with specific expertise in lending operations
- Good understanding of financial products (equity, loans, guarantees)
- Familiarity with EIB activities and lending cycle is an advantage
- Good oral communication skills
- Proficient report writing skills (English)
- Excellent knowledge of standard office tools
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English required with a good knowledge of French (*)