The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Corporate Services – Personnel Directorate (CS-PERS) – HR Policies Department (HRPLC) – Remuneration & Resource Planning Division - Compensation and Benefits Unit (CS-PERS/HRPLC/R&RP/C&B) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Compensation & Benefits Policy Officer. This is a full time position at grade 5/6. The term of this contract will be 4 years. Panel interviews are anticipated for end of July. The EIB offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, according to business needs, with a possibility to convert to a permanent contract, subject to organisational requirements and individual performance.Apply Now
PurposeTo contribute to the definition, implementation and communication of the Bank’s Compensation & Benefits policies, ensuring that the overall philosophy and approach are understood across the Bank in order to position the Bank’s packages in line with market trends, best practices and the Bank’s HR Strategy.
Operating NetworkAs (Senior) Compensation & Benefits Policy Officer (internally referred to as (Senior) Human Resources Officer), you will reports to the Head of Compensation and Benefits Unit and will co-operate closely with colleagues within the CS-PERS Directorate, HR Interfaces and other Bank services as needed, the College of Staff Representatives and relevant committees. The role has regular contact with other EU institutions and international Organisations, the EIF and external advisers and auditors. The role requires analytical and quantitative skills and an excellent knowledge and understanding of the EIB mission, organisation and activities.
- Formulate proposals for the development, review and update of compensation and benefits policies, guidelines, and procedures, ensuring they are properly aligned with the EIB's needs.
- Elaborate and guide implementation plans for the compensation and benefits policies, including participation in the annual compensation review process (analyse market data, document the process, interpret output, develop proposals), ensuring that the processes are executed in the most effective and efficient way.
- Analyse, evaluate the impact of compensation and benefits policies for the different stakeholders, and develop improvement solutions when needed.
- Coordinate strategic projects on remuneration and contribute to different transversal projects with remuneration-related components.
- Monitors external and internal developments in compensation and benefits area in view of identifying trends and developing strategic proposals.
- Shape and conduct research and analysis in different areas of remuneration, including statistics and market studies.
- Provide specific advice and recommendations on complex issues in the field of compensation and benefits in a proactive way in order to align EIB with best practices, including making compensation & benefits decisions and developing specialist solutions where required.
- Prepare draft proposals and reports on compensation and benefits matters, as requested.
- Draft and present briefing reports for the management team.
- Maintain an active network of contacts with relevant internal and external counterparts.
- Ensure effective communication of the new policies, creating sponsorship and awareness.
- Ensure all HR teams understand policies and processes via group and individual training and information sessions.
- Master in Human Resources, Economics or Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in rewards management.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in the compensation and benefits area
- Solid project management experience.
- Experience in working with databases and good understanding and application of quantitative information.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a customer service orientation and ability to manage relations with high level positions in the Bank
- Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to build consensus and gain buy-in across many stakeholders
- Good knowledge of software applications/databases and reporting tools used for managing HR data (e.g.: PeopleSoft applications, Business Objects).
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and a good command of French (*); knowledge of other European languages would be an advantage