This position will be primarily responsible for conducting Best Interest Assessments (BIA), case management for African and Syrian children, along with facilitating Psychosocial and information sessions.
This position’s assigned candidate is to be providing Technical Support and responsible for the reporting of the CM component in Alexandria
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* Psychology, Sociology, Development, Political Science, related studies or relevant work experience.
* Minimum 2 years of previous relevant experience in working with children in general and refugees in particular;
* Excellent drafting, interpersonal, interviewing and communication skills
* Leadership experience at a similar job
* Proficiency in Arabic and English, written and spoken is a must.
* Demonstrated ability to work with highly vulnerable groups
* Awareness about the Security context and political situation in Egypt for refugees
* Able to work effectively within a team and/or individually
* This is a field job, candidate must be willing to work in the field effectively
* Well organised with strong time-management skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Shares Save the Children’s vision and values
* Previous experience working with NGOs and in refugee-related contexts
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do). This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.