The incumbent will perform the following principal duties:
- Undertake the Analysis and design, including documentation, of computer systems according to established standards.
- Ensure that the system architecture is developed and implemented in accordance with agreed standards and best practices.
- Lead the analysis and design phases of complex computer systems.
- Supervise technical staff and oversee the development of computer systems.
- Participate in all phases of the project development to ensure that computer systems that are being developed and implemented meet the required specifications.
- Participate in project management activities and monitor the work of outside contractors from the point of view of conformity with contract specifications.
- Provide an interface between the project and users, in the development, integration, installation and testing of system components.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Advanced university degree in information technology, Computer Science, software engineering, or in an equivalent technical field. A first-level university degree in one of the aforementioned disciplines plus two years of relevant experience in addition to the years of experience requested below may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
At least seven years of relevant extensive experience in developing computer systems with an emphasis on analysis, architecture, design, development and integration of computer systems.
Experience with the architectural design, development and deployment of Software Applications in the public cloud environment.
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English.
Good knowledge of other PCT publication languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian or Spanish), particularly French.
Job Related Competencies (Essential)
Thorough knowledge of system development methodologies, with good understanding of the system development lifecycle.
Demonstrated expertise in undertaking highly complex programming activities, in particular using Java in an Oracle environment.
Thorough knowledge of XML and Web based technologies, open source development environments and database environments.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Job Related Competencies (Desirable)
Knowledge of quality management standards and technical project management.
Extensive knowledge of the business and administrative procedures of the PCT Systems.
Experience with Patents or similar areas.
- Communicating effectively.
- Showing team spirit.
- Demonstrating integrity.
- Valuing diversity.
- Producing results.
- Showing service orientation.
- Seeing the big picture.
- Seeking change and innovation.
- Developing yourself and others.
Mobility: WIPO staff members are international Civil Servants subject to the authority of the Director General and may be assigned to any activities, office or duty station of the Organization. Accordingly, the selected candidate may be required to move from time to time to new functions and/or to another duty station.
Total annual salary consists of a net annual salary (net of taxes and before medical insurance and pension fund deductions) in US dollars and a post adjustment. Please note that this estimate is for information only. The post adjustment multiplier (cost of living allowance) is variable and subject to change (increase or decrease) without notice. The figures quoted below are based on the July 2020 rate of 81.7%