Job Summary: Performs accounting functions and conducts the theory and practice of recording, classifying, examining and analyzing data and records of financial transactions.Reviews and consolidates Country Office financials on a monthly basis. Processes and records journal entries, cash receipts/field Cash Management and wire payments. Responds to inquiries and assist in trainings. Maintains general ledger accounts and supporting sub-ledgers and produces various accounting reports. Participates in various accounting projects including external or internal audits, system upgrades, changes to accounting processes or procedures and other projects as assigned.Apply Now
- Applies accounting principles and practices to a limited range of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, Cost Accounting and/or other fiscal functions.
- Provides support for field programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems and processes.
- Works with Global Program Management (GPM) staff to help them understand the financial aspects of the assigned Country Offices.
- Reviews Country Office monthly financial reports for month end closings involving cash and travel reconciliations, accuracy of reports, and cost allowances.
- Work may include: reconciliation of accounts or reports, examination of various financial statements for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to guidelines, and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers.
- Assists in various Analysis" id="link" class="link">Financial Analysis projects and closure of accounting records.
- Reconciles US based sub recipients with the General Ledger accounts.
- Reviews inter department cash requests and journal entries.
- Assists with internal and external audit request. * Prepares field office risk assessment reports.
- Independently applies accounting principles and practices to a variety of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cost accounting and/or other fiscal functions.
- Work may include: account report preparation and reconciliation, development and implementation of control systems for determining and distributing costs, working with administrators to develop and operate accounting systems, examination of a variety of accounting documents to verify conformance with internal policies and external accounting standards.
- Prepares reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis.
- May be involved in system design.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This is an advance level position in which the incumbent has the ability to perform complex, specialized accounting functions.
- May lead cost accounting or other fiscal operations and functions.
- Ensures daily operations of the accounting systems, develops non- standard reports and statements requiring interpretation and analysis of trends.
- Responds to new or changing management requests related to audit and fiscal procedures, account structures or reports and accounting systems.
- Independently resolves issues of moderate complexity.
- Responsibilities may extend beyond Accounting System maintenance to the solution of accounting problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Apply in-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), theories and systems design.
- Identify problems and changing requirements regarding management needs, auditing and other fiscal procedures, account structures or reports, and accounting systems, along with responsible for modifications.
- Research, analyze and ensure implementation of new and/or changing Accounting and Reporting systems.
- Provide training and consultation related to new systems and/or reporting methodology and ensure the development of related policies and procedures.
- Make risk assessment of internal financial control systems and may suggest improvements or changes in processes.
- Convey concise, comprehensive, and accurate findings on matters of a complex nature in written form.
- Conclusions and recommendations are based on professional knowledge and judgment.
- Convey issues of a complex nature in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- May consult and/or negotiate with senior management / external entities for purpose of funding levels, cost allocations, or related financial issues.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Independently resolve and/or develop recommendations for unprecedented, complex issues and problems
- Serve as a resource for others in resolving unprecedented, non-standard issues and problems.
- Anticipate problems and develop recommendations for management resolution.
- Recognize complex and unique issues and develop resolution and/or consult with leadership in order to achieve resolution; consistently serve as a technical resource.
- Recommend actions or alternatives to be taken by management when accounting data discloses unfavorable trends, deviations or financial mismanagement.
- Resolves accounting, tax and/or legal requirements in foreign jurisdictions.
- Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results can negatively impact the organization.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
- Manager is final decision maker on issues impacting the department or organization.
- Provides input to management for hiring process based on recruitment and selection policies and procedures.
- Review and recommend training opportunities for department.
- May lead employee growth and development initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in public accounting firm or a large company.
- Substantial experience using computerized information systems.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Prior team lead experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Word (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, fax machine, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%