Under the general supervision of the Division Chief of the Enterprise Architecture and Strategy Division within the Information Technology Department
(ITD), the Architecture Section Chief champions efforts to maximize the value of Enterprise Architecture and bring simplicity, agility, and effectiveness of all IT products and platforms across the Fund. The selected individual is expected to:
- Build a holistic view of the organization’s technology strategy, process and IT roadmap
- Cut across IT products and platforms to provide a consistent overall vision of how the different business capabilities, information, IT products and technology relate to each other.
- Contribute on the development of a long-term strategic roadmap for all ITD architecture
- Provide EA expertise to bring simplicity, agility, and effectiveness of ITD products and platforms
- Develop and maintain EA artifacts such as roadmaps, principles, standards, technology reference models, guidelines, business capability models, landscape diagrams.
- Support ITD Product Strategy and Portfolio Modernization, and periodically assess Current State of ITD Environment.
- Develop Future State ITD Architecture to stay aligned with Business and ITD Strategy.
- Support ITD Strategic Planning and contributes to strategic Assessment of Solutions.
- Lead the Introduction of New Technologies and Solutions.
- Build relationships with business partners and other internal/external stakeholder groups to assess and understand business needs and strategies as it relates to Enterprise Architecture.
- Provide strong intellectual and technical leadership in all aspects the team’s work.
- Build cohesive teams, providing direction and defining priorities.
- Support and promote automation opportunity Identification.
- Facilitate IT Strategy Decisions and roadmap definitions.
- Circulate and explain roadmaps to align partners and ITD priorities.
- Promote the use of a shared infrastructure and application roadmap to reduce costs and improve how information flows.
- Promote reuse and sharing of technology and best practices to maximize value delivered.
- Lead platform, domain, data and integration architects.
- Lead technical architects’ community of practice
- Create and manage governing principles to guide EA decision making. Ensure that the optimal governance structure and compliance activities are associated with EA.
- Lead identification and Analysis of key industry and technology trends to assess potential effect on the enterprise and facilitate their testing with the Innovation team and the Product Managers.
- Provide inputs and expertise for budget definition and allocation of investments to meet business initiatives while optimizing the overall EA.
- Build the long-term strategic roadmap for all ITD architecture, linked to the product and platform families, the information flows and the overall corporate objectives.
- Lead the Design of the criteria for supplier evaluation, comparison and selection, and collaborates with sourcing for assessing vendor viability and risk in relation to target EA.
- Partner with business and IT teams to secure that the translation of business requirements into technological solutions takes into account the current and target EA at best both for business and IT.
- Collaborate on ITD workforce management, including the sourcing, training and development of staff to secure that the EA is understood and servicing at best the product families and the overall company.
- Lead team architects to provide scalable and adaptable architectural solutions
- Manage and facilitate an agile review mechanism to evaluate product family proposals for architectural fit.
- Lead expertise for Solution Designs and Reference Architectures.
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Analysis or a related technical discipline, plus a minimum of eight years of relevant professional IT experience; or a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Analysis or a related technical discipline plus a minimum of 14 years of relevant professional IT experience, is required.
- 8 years managerial experience leading technical teams preferred. Matrix management experience desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of standardized middleware options, communications protocols, data gateways, and platform infrastructures
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Software Development and solution implementation.
- Good knowledge and experience in DevSecOps