Leading the SDGCC team and managing the project
· Provide Vision, leadership and oversight to the SDG CC team and ensure they meet the committed deliverables as per the signed Memorandum of Agreement with the Government of Punjab. This would involve overseeing and being responsible for the work of all 5 components of the SDGCC including Integrated Planning and Implementation, Awareness and Capacity Building, SDG Localization, Resource Mobilization and Partnerships and Monitoring and Evaluation
· Coordinates and provides substantive contribution to key policy discussions related to SDGs at the state level in active collaboration with Department of Planning.
· Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts with state government, Planning Department, Economic & Statistical Organisation, UN Agencies, donor agencies and civil society organisations on issues related to UNDP’s work on SDGs.
· Leads on identifying the programme interventions in terms of filling gaps in policy, plans, infrastructure, capacity and technology, formulating the programme and developing the proposal to take it forward.
· Responsible for managing the SDGCC Project Office and representing UNDP in partner meetings and official functions when required.
· Will be accountable to UNDP in ensuring the implementation of the agreed work plan for SDG implementation in the state.
Leading advocacy for SDGs and adapting the SDG 2030 VISION to plans and monitoring frameworks
· Adapt SDG CC project work based on thorough understanding of the SDG 2030 global mandate as well as the guidance received from NITI Aayog and MoSPI from time to time.
· Advocates for SDGCC with government counterparts, donor community and on private and public-sector partnerships in the state for achievement of SDGs.
· Ensure the SDG VISION 2030 document already finalized by Government of Punjab is appropriately updated and translated into action plans, strategic plans and key performance parameters for key personnel of departments, for each SDG, each Department as well as for every level of the Administration down to the Gram panchayat level.
· Ensure that the State Indicator Framework is developed as per the National Indicator framework created by MoSPI and a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation plan is in place to measure performance against set targets
· Assist departments to create systems that will help them collect qualitative and quantitative data on various SDG parameters.
· Support the Mapping of resources for each SDG, including nodal departments; existing schemes and programmes; current situation on the selected indicators; and translate into a working Output Outcome Monitoring Framework – OOMF based on guidance received from NITI Aayog and requirement of the State.
· Identify key social and economic priorities of the state and map it with the emerging global and national consensus on SDG indicators and targets.
· Translate the concrete strategies and plans for SDGs to scoping of the development landscape in the state and translating opportunities into concrete Innovation POC opportunities.
· Suggest and prepare detailed concept notes for possible actions that will be identified to dovetail state development priorities with the SDG framework.
· Mapping resources for each SDG in terms of budget allocation under each category.
Leading the partnerships and support base for SDGs in the state
· Represents SDGCC in state level in the context of partnership building.
· Ensure partnership Building for SDG implementation through collaboration with all stakeholders especially the government counterparts, civil society, Private Sector, non- profit organizations and programme units of UNDP.
· Tap into UNDPs worldwide support to SDG implementation and Localization drive in coordination with the UNDP Head of Regional Office, North .
· Coordinates with other UN and bilateral partners to ensure complementarity of interventions and results for achievement of SDG in the state.
· Ensure top quality support from UN system for fulfilment of specific tasks related to the SDG implementation framework finalization and monitoring.
· Coordinate the working of the working groups formed for action planning on SDGs (members will include senior officials from departments and other experts) that have been formed to work on each of the SDGs and bring in technical expertise from other UN agencies as and when required.Effective management of the SDGCC Human and material resources:
· Ensure timely recruitment of SDGCC PMU Team in consultation with Department of Planning, GOP.
· Responsible for and supervise work of SDGCC- PMU team.
· Ensure timely submission of narrative and financial reports as per the MOA being signed between UNDP and GOP
· Responsible for effective and smooth functioning of the SDGCC including procurement and finance
· Responsible for quality assurance and timely completion of the process. Ensuring that the activities undertaken proceed according to the agreed work plan.
· Ensure top quality Managerial Oversight and facilitates knowledge building in the State
· Work closely with the Communications team for appropriate messaging for SDGCC project engagement with all stakeholders
· Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned both within and outside the state.
· Identifies and documents lessons for replication and upscaling if applicable from district to city/state level.Undertake any other task assigned by UNDP and Government of Punjab w.r.t SDGs Knowledge and Skills · Promotes and enforces ethics and integrity and creates precedence in good practice · Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment · Self-development, ability to take initiative, adopt a corporate approach to complex situations Creates and promotes an enabling environment for open communication Functional Competencies · Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise · Results Based Programme Development and Management · Building Strategic Partnerships Establishes and nurtures positive communication with partners Educational Qualifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Public policy, International development or related social science field. Experience · More than 15 years national and international experience in senior Specialist, advocacy, representation, communication role or in project Design & delivery, partnerships, fundraising in the field of social development. · Hands-on management skills and proven team leadership experience. · Experience in leading office or sub-offices as part of a larger organization or entity · Preferable prior knowledge and experience on SDGs or relevant equivalent experience in working with government at the national level or sub-national level being responsible for inter-sectoral planning Excellent written and oral Communication skills and knowledge of Computer Skill sets including Internet and Office Knowledge and Skills · Promotes and enforces ethics and integrity and creates precedence in good practice · Demonstrates corporate knowledge and sound judgment · Self-development, ability to take initiative, adopt a corporate approach to complex situations Creates and promotes an enabling environment for open communication UNDP strives to have a workforce which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. All selection is on merit. Important applicant information All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment. Applicant information about UNDP rosters Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements. Workforce diversity UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Scam warning The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web Contract Duration: 12 months (renewable for 2 more years based on performance and funds availability