FHI 360 is currently seeking a Social and Behavioral Change (SBC) Advisor for an anticipated project focusing on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD). The project aims to establish, facilitate and develop a national coordination framework and national level coordination mechanism for the integration of WASH and NTD strategies. The project will also develop a communication strategy for WASH/NTD and new information, education and communication (IEC)/Social and Behavior Change (SBC) materials. Position will be based in Lusaka, Zambia. Confirmation of this position will be contingent upon FHI 360 securing the ASCEND award in Zambia, which will be funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID) and has been contracted to Crown Agents as the fund manager. The expected start date is October 2020. Position Description: The SBC Advisor will be a senior-level member of the project team and will work with relevant government, regional and local partners, non-governmental organizations, community organizations, others to design and deliver the SBC-related technical strategies and deliverables. Key Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Under the guidance of the Project Director, provides strategic direction on the project in coordination with Government counterparts.
- Provides technical assistance, direction and support related to the development and implementation of the strategy in all phases from formative research through design, media and material production, community mobilization and engagement, and evaluation.
- Ensures engagement, health outcomes, and gender inclusion for women, youth and marginalized populations.
- Strengthens capacity of local partners and stakeholders in SBC.
- Responsible for preparing the specified deliverables and implementing activities to meet the goals/objectives of the award, ensuring achievements in a timely manner and in compliance with FHI 360’s contractual requirements.
- Master’s Degree or its international equivalent in public health or a related area.
- 5-8 years of experience implementing international health/development projects with a focus on demand generation, marketing, and SBC in developing countries, including Zambia.
- Strong understanding of current state of health (including WASH and NTD) priorities within Zambia.
- Knowledge of evidence-based, innovative, and practical solutions to communication challenges in developing countries, including strong familiarity with state of the art SBC models and strategies and their practical application in such settings
- Field experience in developing and implementing SBC projects and programs in Zambia and/or other countries that have demonstrated impact, at scale.
- Understanding of widely accepted formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective SBC interventions.
- Experience working on NGO-led, donor-funded activities in collaboration with the private sector, government, partners, donors, and NGOs.
- Demonstrated strong technical, programming, and management skills as well as organizational skills (e.g., ability to set priorities while multi-tasking and meet deadlines).
- Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and proven ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and at least one local language.