The Department of Safeguards (SG) is the organizational hub for the implementation of IAEA safeguards. The IAEA implements nuclear verification activities for over 180 States in accordance with their safeguards agreements. The main objective of the Department is to maintain and further develop an effective and efficient verification system in order to draw independent, impartial and timely safeguards conclusions, thus providing credible assurances to the international community that States are in compliance with their safeguards obligations. Safeguards activities are undertaken within a dynamic and technically complex environment including advanced nuclear fuel cycle facilities and complemented by the political and cultural diversity of the countries. The Department of Safeguards consists of six Divisions: three Operations Divisions for the implementation of verification activities around the world; three Technical Divisions (Division of Concepts and Planning, Division of Information Management, and Division of Technical and Scientific Services); and three Offices (the Office for Verification in Iran, the Office of Safeguards Analytical Services and the Office of Information and Communication Services). The Division of Concepts and Planning (SGCP) is responsible for strategic planning, the development and promotion of safeguards concepts and policy, the Coordination of research and development activities, the implementation of the quality management system of the Department, and the provision and development of training. The Process Design Section is responsible for the implementation of an ISO 9001 compliant quality management system in the Department to ensure consistent implementation of well-defined processes. The Sectionâs activities include guiding the design and implementation of departmental processes, implementing methods to measure process performance and providing feedback and assistance to process owners. The Section is also responsible for delivering training in quality management tools and techniques to staff, managing the Departmental document repository and designing and implementing cost calculation tools. The Section also coordinates knowledge management activities in the Department. Main Purpose As a member of a team led by the Section Head, the Safeguards Analyst (Process Design) coordinates one or more of the key processes in the Department's quality management system including advising on priorities and implementing improvements to the process, and supports the development and maintenance of the management system through involvement in process design implementation, Analysis and improvement. Role The Safeguards Analyst (Process Design) is: (1) a Coordinator of one or more of the key processes in the Department's quality management system and of knowledge management-related practices and activities within the Department; (2) an analyst and evaluator of the performance of complex technical processes to determine necessary improvements; (3) a facilitator of process improvement groups; (4) a trainer in quality management principles, tools and techniques; and (5) a designer of processes to implement new concepts and approaches. Functions / Key Results ExpectedApply Now
- Coordinate processes in the Department's quality management system, monitor the effectiveness of their implementation, and propose improvements as necessary.
- Lead and facilitate process improvement teams in the Department.
- Evaluate and propose improvements to the Department's quality management system. Design or update processes, as necessary, to implement new or revised safeguards concepts or approaches.
- Carry out internal quality audits as assigned.
- Identify, recommend and implement ways to create, share and utilize knowledge within the Department to contribute to a culture of knowledge sharing among departmental staff.
- Develop, implement and raise the effectiveness of knowledge management-related practices and activities within the Department.
- Propose and coordinate communication strategies designed to enhance awareness of the Department's quality management system.
- Prepare and deliver training to staff of the Department on process improvements, corrective actions, and general quality management practices.