Desired start date: ASAP Duration of the mission: 6 months, renewable. Location: Northeast Syria.Apply Now
ABOUT THE MISSIONSI, which has been present in Syria since 2013 is dedicated to work on recently opened and challenging areas to provide lifesaving activities to the population affected by the conflict. Main current activities are related to Emergency wash (water distribution and rehabilitation) and distribution of essential NFI (winterization) and cash. The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI. The LEARN consortium (Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria) will support equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria. There are 3 implementing bases in Syria with the Coordination in Amman. The mission will reach a number of 60 expatriates and 340 national employees. We are looking for a RRM Program Manager for our base called “AZAZ” in the NWS.
ABOUT THE JOBGeneral objective:
- Develop the RRM component implementation strategy, systems, approaches, tools, and materials
- Implement various stages of the project and set direction by prioritizing and organizing activities and resources to achieve project objectives
- Coordinate with different humanitarian actors to identify gaps in needs
- Coordinate with the sectorial NES Working Groups for the Design of the RRM response
- Recruit and train the project teams
- Develop SOP for Rapid Response
- Define and implement Remote Management procedures, as the team is split between two bases
- To develop disaster preparedness messages and to train the teams on their use.
- To monitor community trainings on disaster preparedness during distributions
- To implement all monitoring and evaluation defined schemes (KAP surveys)
- Plan and oversee the implementation of RRM activities that (s)he is responsible for, both on-time and within the set technical specifications
- Plan the RMM activities with the support Departments (administrative, logistics), according to objectives
- Knowledge of global (and preferably locally-adapted) Rapid Response Mechanism standards and practices
- A degree in a relevant field, including project management, Humanitarian Studies, International Relations or equivalent.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in the development of training modules and methodologies for Emergency Response approaches highly appreciated
- Understanding of operational guidelines and project management tools, including notably budget management
- 5 years of field experience in humanitarian relief and/or development programs focused on emergency responses and / or RRM.
- Prior experience in Syria or similar context an added advantage
- Extensive experience in the identification and targeting of beneficiaries in complex context is a must
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols is a must
- Experience leading large-scale operations in a remote area
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Knowledge of Arabic is a strong asset
- Capacity to formalize project processes
- Capacity to train and accompany teams
- Self-motivated and able to work with a minimum of guidance and supervision
- Proven diplomatic / representation and coordination skills
- Line manager: Field Coordinator Azaz
- Functional manager: DCD Program