Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. We are currently recruiting for a Roving Senior Manager (HR) 36 hours 1 year contract Description of the Unit Within this framework the Program Support and Impact Unit aims to support this mission by enhancing program quality (strategic level) and project quality (operational level) through Technical Support mainly (but not solely) delivered to country teams. This Unit is composed by 6 teams: Impact Measurement & Knowledge Team, Information Management Team, Country Relation Management Team, Strategic partnership Program, Knowledge HUB Governance and Citizenship, and Program Quality Support Team. The Role Oxfam Novib is looking for a Roving Senior Manager who is ready to step in at least 2 of the following management positions: Human Resource Manager or Director" id="link" class="link">Country Director. The main goal of this position is to fill the gap, in management capacity on temporary basis, in times of unexpected/unforeseen vacancy for a HR/Country management position occurs. He/she will mostly lead HR Unit or as Country Director and assures strategic steer and effective running of operations. This includes leading the Design and implementation of Oxfam’s policy and strategy according the management gap she/he is covering. Finally, the roving senior manager will be responsible to contribute to the implementation the Oxfam 2020 Vision which aims to create a stronger Oxfam that is globally coordinated and relevant in every country in which we work. The position is accountable to the line management in the country and to the Program Quality Support Team Coordinator in The Hague (matrix management) Main tasks: As roving Human Resources Manager you:Apply Now
- Support the efforts of the Country Director to determine how the workforce may be best managed and motivated, and their capabilities developed to enable the achievement of the Vision, to support growth, operating efficiency and effectiveness targets.
- Develop and implements the HR Country strategy and ensures alignment with the Oxfam Country Strategy.
- Ensure effective admin support during recruitment, contracting, salary allocation, competences development and staff exit.
- Review, improve and lead on the application of HR policies and business processes for the Country Office, in line with Oxfam and Oxfam Novib polices and national legal frameworks.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, accurate and adequate Personnel records online and offline.
- Assess current status and challenges of country offices or programmes and in case of gaps, pro-actively propose concrete plan of action, translate strategy into activities and identify/mitigate risks;
- Lead the development and implementation of the country operational plan at strategic and operative level. Manage country resources (staff, funds, technology, tools, procedures) to assure program quality, effective performance of the country office and suitable risk management.
- Line manage the Country Management Team. Furthermore, you are responsible and accountable continuing improving quality and impact of programs, quality institutional Fundraising and effective financial and human Resource Management in line with Oxfam Policy.
- Take the lead in representing Oxfam and the country programme nationally and globally; and if applicable overall lead of humanitarian response activities.
- Are responsible for integrity and security management.
- Are in possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of Human Resources, related Social Sciences, Administration or Business.
- Proven experience of at least 3 years providing Senior Leadership as HR manager of organization/s with at least 30 employees in developing countries, balancing the strategic role with the need to assure effective day-to-day HR administration services. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in Humanitarian or as Country Director.
- Are committed to a rights-based approach including an active commitment to putting women’s rights at the heart of all we do as well as the rights of other marginalized people in all aspects of the organization’s work.
- Have proven facilitation/coaching skills and are able to actively engage and create a participatory learning environment in different cultural settings.
- Have excellent analytical, communication and writing skills and also possess strong organisational skills You are result driven, customer focused, pro-active problem solver.
- Have an excellent command of English & French both written and spoken.
- Have the ability to work directly and over distance with colleagues/partners and you are willing and able to travel on short notice to different countries, including conflict areas and/or if work demands, ready to be seconded for 6 months. You will be up to 75% deployed in country offices of Oxfam.
- Additionally as country director: Proven experience in coordinating and operationalisation of complex teams or projects with substantial budget, with a variety of stakeholders in one or more challenging locations. Candidates should have good teamwork and leadership skills and should be able to make autonomous decisions by assessing the related risks and opportunities.