Risk Management Officer - Special Assets
Background: We are looking for a Risk Management Officer with a successful track record in the crafting and execution of recovery strategies, including, without limitation, rescheduling, restructurings, workouts and settlements, in diverse projects of different sizes and industries, within Latin America and the Caribbean.
The team: The Special Assets Division (SAT) is responsible for efficiently leading recovery efforts for non-performing and under-performing assets of a portfolio of private sector loans, guarantees and equity operations.What you will do:
- Coordinate negotiations with counterparts pursuant to approved strategies and implementation of actions to mitigate potential and actual risks.
- Assist in the supervision of Coordination with the Portfolio Management Division, Credit Risk Management Division, the Environmental, Social and Governance Division, as well as IDB Invest Management and Board of Executive Directors.
- Promote management information tools related to special assets supervision and dissemination of lessons learned from recovery activities.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and support to junior team members.
- Education: Master’s in law, finance, accounting, or relevant field.
- Experience: Minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
- Previous transaction experience with multilateral Development Banks and/or Development Finance institutions is desirable.
- Experience dealing with impaired project finance transactions, corporates and financial intermediaries.
- Substantial experience with financial and legal transactions and their implications in crafting and executing recovery strategies.
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory environments of IDB Group member countries.
- Ability to balance feedback from a variety of internal and external stakeholders including governments, private sector, environmental and social audiences, as well as NGOs and civil society.
Languages: You are proficient (oral and written) in English and Spanish. Knowledge of an additional official IDB Group language (French or Portuguese) is a plus.Opportunity Summary:
- Type of contract: Staff, fixed term
- Length of contract: 3 years
- Start date: Upon mutual agreement with candidate
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of private investment development fields, including infrastructure and energy, corporates, financial institutions, financial and non-financial products and services, gender and diversity, communications and much moreBecause we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment, we embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.About us: IDB Invest, a member of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) Group, is a multilateral organization committed to the development of the private sector of Latin America and the Caribbean by financing loans, equity investments, and guarantees. In addition, IDB Invest partners with clients to provide advisory and training services.
IDB Invest offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Our team in Human Resources carefully reviews all applications.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic and its implications for our Region, the IDB Group is reviewing its hiring needs and re-prioritizing its areas of talent acquisition. We encourage candidates to continue to apply to the active postings, yet current job openings may be subject to further decisions in terms of timing of the processes, or other actions, in accordance with business needs. Final hiring decisions may also be conditioned to the candidate’s ability to timely relocate to the post of duty at the moment of starting service.Additional Information