Position Title : Resources Management Officer Duty Station : Cairo, Egypt Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2 Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible Closing Date : 15 January 2020 Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity. Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process. For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:Apply Now
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states: Antigua and Barbuda; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; El Salvador; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People's Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States
- Assist in monitoring and overseeing the financial management activities of the Regional Office including the oversight of financial expenditure, accountability and projectization of staff; and participate in the Analysis" id="link" class="link">Financial Analysis of projects implemented by the Office as required.
- Assist Country Offices in the region on matters related to IOM administrative issues and regulations with the view to increase their effectiveness and compliance; prepare for verifications, monitoring visits, audits and draft responses to auditors and donors.
- In coordination with the SRRMO, monitor the administrative and financial management for all activities of the regional programmes managed from RO Cairo.
- Monitor budget control processes and the financial status of regional programmes’ activities and inform and update the SRRMO and the Programme Coordinators accordingly. Review regular financial reports, identify bottlenecks and recommend action to resolve problems or correct errors, and highlight any unusual trends.
- Participate in the development of effective monitoring mechanisms and tools to facilitate analysis, oversight, accountability and senior management decision making.
- Draft forecasts, interim and final financial reporting to donors and support the preparation of supporting documents in coordination with Country Offices.
- Provide support to the SRRMO and Programme Coordinators throughout the programmes’ cycle to facilitate compliance with IOM's policies and procedures, IOM financial and procurement regulations, accounting procedures, and donor regulations.
- Facilitate and support the recruitment and drafting of terms of references for support staff under the regional programmes, in coordination with the supervisors, SRRMO and Regional Human Resources Officer.
- Closely coordinate with the relevant administrative, human resources, finance, and Procurement Logistics assistants of each Country Office involved in the regional programmes to facilitate adequate oversight, compliance and harmonized reporting.
- Oversee the logistical and administrative support related to meetings and events organization. Coordinate the meeting venue and related service provider(s), including preparation of participants’ list, follow up of attendance, transcription and drafting the reports of proceedings relevant to the regional programmes.
- Enhance knowledge management and sharing of documents, reports, and guidelines that have bearing on matters related to regional programmes; ensuring they are in compliance with IOM and Donor policies and procedures.
- Attend coordination and governance meetings, provide updates and guidance on financial and administrative matters relating to the regional programmes.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.