Are you passionate about supporting the origination, structuring, negotiation, approval and closing of investment transactions in the Latin American region to have a positive impact in the lives of millions? If so, we may be looking for you! Background The Investment Operations Department is responsible for generating a portfolio of high quality, creditworthy, and environmentally and socially sound projects that result in significant development impact. The business cycle goes from the identification, selection, origination and execution of transactions to their monitoring. The Department follows a matrix model, with three Client Segment divisions covering Infrastructure and Energy, Financial Institutions and Corporates, and three transversal divisions: Financial Products and Services, Advisory Services and Portfolio Management. The team The Financial Products and Services Division works closely with the Client Segment divisions to provide product-structuring expertise in the following broad range of products and services: blended finance, capital markets solutions, equity and mezzanine, trade and supply Chain Finance and resource mobilization. The selected candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Head of the Resource Mobilization team. What you will do You will support the Resource Mobilization team in the design, structuring, implementation and improvement of new and existing products that will be used to mobilize investors into our transactions. Furthermore, you will work closely with other organizational divisions/teams of IDB Invest and IDB, as needed, to achieve the successful roll-out of these products within IDB Group’s overall deployment region-wide. The candidate’s main responsibilities include:Apply Now
- Lead the design, structuring, implementation and improvement of new and existing mobilization products. These products have the objective of mobilizing local and international private and public investors.
- Work closely with the Resource Mobilization team members to identify product needs that will serve to expand our investor base.
- Establish the roadmap for product approval and implementation, while ensuring that the project runs on time, and in accordance with firm-wide guidelines, including risk and architecture collaborating closely with Accounting, Credit, Middle and Back-offices, Legal, Portfolio, Treasury and other needed areas.
- Prepare the documentation and lead the approval process through our New Product Committee.
- Perform process Mapping and ensure that proper risk controls are in place for new and enhanced products. For existing products, the candidate shall also look for ways to optimize procedures and processes when deemed necessary.
- Work with IT and other partners to automatize as much as possible all processes and ensure that proper data analytics are maintained for all Resource Mobilization products.
- Work closely with team members on investor-specific solutions that entail the development of a new product or the enhancement of an existing one.
- Manage limits and monitor use under our Unfunded Credit Protection Program, mainly with credit insurers
- Type of contract: Fixed-Term
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: IDB Invest headquarters in Washington, DC