Type of role: Teaching and education Location: Various Locations, Various Countries Application Closing Date: 31 Aug 2019 Interview date: ongoing Start date: ongoing VSO is the world's leading development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. We are unique in the way we bring people together to share their skills and experience, generate insights and ideas and, most of all, take action against poverty and exclusion. It's a highly effective approach that works, and today is helping millions of people in some of the world's poorest communities lift themselves out of poverty. The communities we work in need people like you - experienced professionals with the ideas, energy and courage to make a difference. Role overview The main purpose of this placement is to design and deliver programs which could enable the capacity of partner and primary actors respond to emergency situations. The project aimed at improving the resilience capacity of pastoralist community in the project location through different innovative interventions. The volunteer is expected to build the capacity of the education cluster to respond as per the Country Humanitarian and Disaster Resilience Plan (HDRP) so as to ensure the inclusion of Out of School Children (OOSC) in conflict and drought affected locations of the country. Besides, the project is expected to design and deliver short term teacher training in selected locations of the region on psycho-social skills and Child friendly methodology for teachers from crisis affected areas; empowering teachers and education officers so that they can provide better support to children under the conflict situation to stay in school and achieve better in their education. Skills, qualifications and experienceApply Now
- Bachelor Degree in education in emergencies, educational planning and management
- Proven knowledge and experience in projects related to DRR, child-centered and active learning methodologies,
- Good experience in project management, design, teacher training and materials development preferably masters level.
- Demonstrated experience in education at Pre-primary and Primary level;
- Practical understanding of children and teachers' needs in areas of basic education
- Evidenced skills experiences and qualification in psycho-social skill and child friendly methods;