Background of this search: The Transport Division of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is looking for a professional with experience in statistical Analysis and research, with special attention to the transport sector. The team's mission: The Transport Division carries out applied research activities, to contribute to increasing the available transport knowledge for Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). Research topics are related to the Division's strategic activities, including mobility, logistics, infrastructure, and road safety. In particular, the Division is researching the future of transport in LAC and how its countries should prepare for efficient, sustainable, and inclusive transport by 2030. This includes reducing congestion, improving public transport and logistical performance, and reducing road accidents. What you will do: Support the Transport Division in the Design and implementation of the research agenda, including:Apply Now
- Conduct literature reviews in areas related to the transport sector and related branches (Economics, Engineering, Technology, Public Policies), through the search, analysis, and selection of articles published in scientific journals, reports from the public and private sectors, publications of international organizations and other sources of knowledge production in the sector.
- Identify problems and design research questions that help advance knowledge of the transport sector in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Analyze and identify appropriate research methods according to the research question to be answered, including quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods. On this basis, implement the selected methods, by designing statistical, econometric, or other models, as required to answer the research question.
- Build databases by querying primary and secondary sources, including also obtaining data through the technology of information.
- Obtain results from the implementation of the selected methods and analyze the results.
- Develop publications for scientific journals and the IDB.
- Design knowledge proposals and support their implementation and dissemination.
- Develop inputs for the knowledge activities of the Transport Division.
- Type of contract and modality: International Consultant, full time.
- Length of contract: 24.5 months.
- Starting date: January 2021.
- Location: Washington, D.C.
- Responsible person: Transport Sr. Specialist, Transport Division of the Inter-American Development Bank.
- Requirements: You must be a citizen of one of the 48 IDB member countries and have no family members currently working in the IDB Group.