Applicants who have applied for vacancy # 2000027 need not reapply.
The main objectives of the GA Division include:
- Striving to be at the leading edge of market developments that have potential financial stability implications for mature and emerging markets
- Monitoring and assessing developments in systemically important markets, Banking systems and financial institutions on a high frequency basis to help ensure that the Fund takes consistent and well-informed views about financial risks and policies
Analyzing vulnerabilities in the global financial system and assessing risks to global financial stability
Duties and responsibilities
Working in a fast-paced environment with a team of financial sector experts and economists the candidate will have to:
- Provide analytical support to economists, financial sector experts, and advisors, based on Technical Analysis of market activiy;
- Collect, monitor, analyze, and disseminate market and policy news and data (e.g., from Bloomberg, Dealogic, Reuters, Bankscope, etc.); disseminate to the division relevant Analyst reports (e.g., Fitch, S&P, Moody's, etc.) as required for research, analysis, and policy work; organize the information in a systematic manner;
- Contribute to the Global Markets Monitor and support its production;
- Support the division's technical, analytical, and operational projects, such as the biannual production of the Global Financial Stability Report;
- Provide other support for general divisional work, including assisting economists and financial sector experts in producing charts and tables (applying Fund templates and formats); conduct basic econometric/statistical analysis or other quantitative research work as needed, and provide in-house advice on data sources and software and programming to the division;
- Liaise with other Research Assistants/Research Officers in MCM, as well as technical staff, on information technology, problem-solving and database creation, and access to internal and external databases;
- Assist with other projects and tasks as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- An advanced degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, finance, or a related field;
- Two/three years of relevant work experience in financial, market or Economic Analysis;
- Excellent Data Management and analytical skills and attention to detail;
- A good understanding of advanced statistics or Econometrics and the proven ability to apply these techniques in practice;
- Familiarity with econometric software and experience with programing would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with financial databases and information sources, such as Bloomberg, Haver, Moody's, etc.;
- Enthusiasm; willingness to cover all aspects of divisional work; ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines under pressure, and work with minimal supervision; good interpersonal skills; and ability to collaborate with staff across MCM and in other departments;
- Initiative and ability to find creative solutions; and
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with proficiency in English.