World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Our work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being. We are inspired by and associated with World Resources Institute (WRI), a global research organization with more than 1000 experts and other staff around the world. World Resources Institute began in Washington, DC, in 1982 to provide cutting edge analysis to address global environment and development challenges. WRI spans more than 50 countries, with offices in Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. In all these locations, WRI works with government, business, and civil society to drive ambitious action based on high-quality data and objective analysis. WRI India has the capacity to convene key stakeholders, and forge strategic partnerships with governments, business, foundations, civil society organizations, institutes and NGOs, to scale-up solutions that can bring game-changing results for the sustainable management of natural resources in India. Position Overview: WRI India is associated with numerous initiatives that caters to the need of sub-national climate actions and planning. The intern will assist the climate team with various such initiatives. Key Responsibilities: The scope of work would include the following but not limited to:Apply Now
- Assist the climate team at WRI India with preparation of the capacity building products (e.g. presentation, case studies, etc.) based on Global Protocol for Cities (GPC) standard;
- Assist the climate team with development of the program under urban governance for climate projects in India;
- Participate in regular internal meetings and report on the progress made under various sub-national work streams;
- Support the climate team, as the need may be, in organizing events, webinars, workshops, etc.
- Post-graduation or in final year/ semester of post-graduation in the field of energy, environment, energy studies, etc.;
- Knowledge of current climate-related and associated policies is desired;
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a requirement.
- Basic knowledge of GHG inventorization as per internationally accepted standards and guidelines;
- Excellent/ Strong research, interpersonal/ written/ communication skills;
- Comfort with quantitative data/analysis;
- Proficiency in MS Office – Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently as well as part of a team;
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner;
- Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure;
- Ability to think creatively.
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae of no more than 2 A4 sized pages detailing academic and relevant experience.