Required Documents for This Application Please note that you will need to have the following information ready in order to complete your application: • A completed “Duties and Responsibilities Form” (refer to step 1 on your eRecruitment Profile page). • Motivation letter (maximum of 400 words). • One reference letter. Contract Duration Visiting Professionals are required to work full time for a period between one and six months (to be agreed to prior to commencement). Visiting Professional placements shall not be extended beyond six months. Organisational Context The International Criminal Court (ICC) is the first ever permanent, treaty based, criminal tribunal. It was established to promote the rule of law worldwide and to ensure that the gravest crimes of concern to the international community: genocide, war crimes and crimes against humanity, do not go unpunished. The Court is an international organization based in The Hague, The Netherlands, with a multicultural staff spanning the entire globe. The Registry, headed by the Registrar, is responsible for the non-judicial aspects of the administration and servicing of the Court, without prejudice to the functions and powers of the Prosecutor. This includes providing management and judicial support services to the Court, as well as those aspects of external relations and field operations falling within the purview of the Registry. Accordingly, the Registry is composed of three Divisions: 1) Division of Management Services, 2) Division of Judicial Services, and 3) Division of External Operations. Each Division is headed by a Director, and the three Directors support the Registrar through the Registry Management Team (RMT) in ensuring that the Registry fulfils its tasks effectively and efficiently. The Registry's Legal Office (RLO) is directly under the authority of the Registrar. The Immediate Office of the Registrar (IOR) supports the Registrar in setting the Registry's strategic objectives, overseeing inter-organ relations as well as in enhancing internal communication and driving the development of Court-wide policies. The IOR also acts as the operational focal point for the Registry's Divisions, providing practical support to the Registrar with a view to ensuring, in a coordinated and effective manner, the overall managerial oversight and control of the Registry. Given that the Registry is the largest and, in terms of its functions, most diverse organ of the Court, managerial and oversight functions present one of the main challenges. In this regard, the IOR plays a key role in a number of areas, including support to the preparation of the Court's budget, addressing staff related issues, facilitating the conclusion of witness relocation agreements, and indeed in virtually all other fields of the Registry's operations. At the same time, through the Registrar's representational role, the IOR aims at widening the support for and the understanding of the mandate of the Registry and of the Court in the international arena. Registry has published its Strategic Plan for 2019-2021 and now wishes to focus on ensuring the right tools and strategies are in place to facilitate effective implementation of the Strategic Plan. Under the overall oversight of the Chief of Staff of the Registrar, the Visiting Professional(VP) will be responsible for providing primary support to Registry wide projects. The Visiting Professional will support the following disciplines within the Immediate office of the Registrar: Duties and ResponsibilitiesApply Now
- Initiates, coordinates and organizes Registry projects to implement the Strategic Plan;
- Assists with the implementation of the approved work-plans;
- Assists in ensuring consistency of the project activities with the Strategic Plan;
- Contributes to the effective implementation of monitoring systems;
- Assists in integrating the Court’s risk management strategy and the Registry strategic Plan;
- Facilitates effective progress reporting to the Registrar and the Directors;
- Supports efficient coordination and cooperation with stakeholders;
- Performs other duties as related to effective and efficient implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Knowledge of project management , practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and meeting results.
- Experience with Enterprise Performance Management, Balanced Scorecard and Performance Indicators;
- Able to understand the big picture and create a work plan on that basis
- Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact and discretion.
- Able to multitask and work under deadlines;
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing environments;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to establish harmonious working relations in a multicultural environment. Able to adapt to multicultural and multilingual working environments.
- Has acquired a good standard of computer skills (including Microsoft Office applications).