Context : Based in Amman, within the Middle east regional office or directly on the missions (Yemen, Iraq, Jordan or Libya) you are part of the Middle east pool (annual volume 38m€). Your objective is primarily to support the missions should it be remotely or by being on the field. Your scope of work includes support to the bases, the coordination offices and from time to time to the Regional finance manager. Therefore you may be deployed to a variety of locations but always within the Middle East. You’ll gradually build your expertise within ACF, its tools, processes, etc and the missions/region to become a key collaborator who is able to provide support, ensure gap filling but also train and coach his/her colleagues. Your job includes dealing with a variety of staff, at different level of the organization (managers, head of departments and senior management team).
Country : Libya, Yemen, Iraq, Jordan
Length of contract : 12 months starting September 1st 2020
The position : Under the supervision of the Regional finance manager, you provide all necessary financial support to the Middle East Regional and Country Finance teams.
Produce reporting from field experiences
Provide remote support to country & regional finance teams
Participate to transversal projects
Cover Finance head of department or manager gap at field level
The applicant : You hold a finance Master degree . You have at least 5 years of experience in NGOs including minimum 3 in the field in financial coordination functions.
You are organized, flexible, rigorous and diplomatic, you are a listen person and able to adapt quickly. You appreciate and are motivated by teamwork.
English written and oral compulsory, Arabic is a plus.
Position specificity : Flying based in Amman with frequent field trips (60%). Works for the Middle East pool. Attached hierarchically to the Regional finance manager, based in Paris.
Status : Salaried – Fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
· Monthly gross salary from 2450 € to 2800 € upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 655€ (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- * 15 % of monthly gross salary for context allowance
· + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
· + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
· Competitive package offered to support the rent of a flat in Amman
Transportation and accommodation :
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- ACF provides a competitive package to support the rent of a private flat. While working in other parts of the Middle East, an accommodation within an expatriate guesthouse is provided for.
Medical coverage : 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR :
· 25 days of paid leaves per year**
· + 20 RnR per year**
· + 125€ per month for break period (averagely every 3 months)**
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference. **
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year.
· Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Why join us: You have the opportunity to work with a dynamic pool and closely with the Regional finance manager to support the missions implementing their programs as wells as building their country strategy. You are a key member of the regional team, both for the missions and the Middle East team in HQ.