Regional Integration Unit Chief (INT/RIU) Integration and Trade Sector (INT) The Integration and Trade Sector (INT) provides a wide-range of products to support the integration, trade and investment agenda of our region, through; (i) the Design, preparation and execution of an operational pipeline and portfolio of financial operations (loans, technical assistance, and operational inputs); (ii) support to strategic integration initiatives within the region and with external strategic partners in the Americas, Europe and Asia; (iii) support to the public-private development and integration agenda in the region (through initiatives such as ConnectAmericas, the Americas Business Dialogue and the organization of major international trade and investment fora); (iv) high-level policy dialogues and applied policy research on issues related to trade, investment and integration; and (v) expert technical assistance and Capacity Building. INT’s Regional Integration Unit (RIU) is responsible for: (i) designing and implementing operations and technical assistance in the area of regional integration in collaboration with other areas of the Bank, (ii) developing knowledge products in the area of regional integration, and (iii) strengthening the institutional capacity of relevant and multi-sector regional integration initiatives in LAC. The Chief of the RIU will report directly to INT’s Manager. What you’ll do:Apply Now
- Coordinate the Bank’s technical and operational work on the main regional integration initiatives. (Pacific Alliance, MERCOSUR, Andean Community of Nations, SIECA, CARICOM, and others), maintaining high-level channels for dialogue to find opportunities for operations, and promoting progress on the integration agenda in the Bank and across the region.
- Lead the regional integration knowledge agenda in Coordination with the Vice Presidency for Sectors and Knowledge ’ (VPS), Sector and Regional Economic Advisors (SEAs and REAs) and the Institute for the Integration of Latin America and the Caribbean (INTAL).
- Lead the Bank’s work on strategic integration initiatives that require a multi-sector approach, enhancing synergies and ensuring the initiatives’ progress and the involvement of the private sector.
- Supervise the execution of the Regional Public Goods Program.
- Within VPS, coordinate with the Vice Presidency for Countries (VPC) the identification of regional operation projects that are eligible for regional extra-envelope financing in order to reach the institutional target.
- Provide technical assistance to borrowers, Executing Agencies, country offices and other Divisions of the Bank in matters related to regional integration.
- Provide leadership and direction to a highly skilled interdisciplinary and multi-cultural staff located in Washington, D.C., and in country offices.
- Develop annual business plans to achieve identified business objectives and make recommendations on resource and budgetary requirements..
- Monitor the Unit’s results and prioritize resources to improve performance.