Regional Grants Coordinator (National Position)
Region Middle East, Norwegian Refugee Council
The Middle East Regional Office based in Amman, Jordan was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 3,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Libya Iraq, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine. Our work is concentrated on the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC operations is in the Middle East have grown significantly in recent years and further growth is expected in the months to come. With large operations in such fluid contexts, the NRC Middle East Regional Office has a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and genuine place of passion responding to a region in crisis.**
The Regional Grants Coordinator will contribute to achieving quality programming by closely supporting the Syria (Whole of Syria – WoS) and Regional Grants in ensuring effective grants management. This includes internal and donor compliance requirements, timely and quality grant reporting, revision and review, proposal development, and acting as the focal point for the key mandatory activities under NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM). S/he ensures NRC Syria offices and managers of regional grants are informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures, manages donor and other external reporting, and coordinates grant revisions.
The following is a brief description of the role:
We welcome applications from qualified and interested candidates. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures;
- Coordinate the overview and maintenance of grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines for reports and revisions;
- Support the development of donor proposals and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control;
- Contribute to PCM procedures and usage of the NRC PCM framework for WoS and Regional Grants, including Grant Opening meetings,
- Progress review meetings and Grant closing meetings
- Work closely with finance team to ensure consistency across narrative, logframe and budget
- Ensure strong coordination between different stakeholders involved in the grants management
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with NRC’s advocacy strategy.
Contract Duration: 12 month contract.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
Duty station: Amman, Jordan