Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian and development organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger. We save the lives of malnourished children. We ensure families can access clean water, food, training, and health care. We enable entire communities to be free from hunger. With more than 7,600 staff in over 45 countries, we have reached over 20 million people in 2018. You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...Apply Now
- Providing strategic leadership and oversight to Finance, Logistics and Grants teams to ensure that the guidance and support provided by these sub-units effectively facilitate organizational growth and change while guarding against risk. Ascertain compliance with funding agency regulations, timely address of any compliance issues, prepares and/or oversees the preparation of all reports required by Action Against Hunger and donor agencies (USAID, EU, ECHO, UN, etc.)
- Oversee the implementation and review of financial, accounting and budgeting systems, policies and procedures at the regional level.
- Oversee the strategic development of the Regional Finance, Logistics and Grants Management unit, including Contracts & Grants Administration, Compliance Administration, and Support Services. Streamline key functions, facilitate decision making, and deliver quality financial, budgetary and logistics support.
- Review and reconcile financial, logistics and grants data and reports from Action Against Hunger’s field offices, ensuring the appropriate use of Action Against Hunger’s resources (including Cash Management, assets utilization, etc.)
- Supervise the integration of field financial and logistics data into the Action Against Hunger’s financial database/Logistics systems and ensure that the field and HQ systems are kept connected and updated.
- Ensure high-quality support, communications, and training in finance, logistics and grants administration to the Country offices.
- Review and document Action Against Hunger’s internal rules and organizes regular internal control compliance checks.
- Direct financial, grants and logistics planning and strategy for the region.
- Co-lead with the Chief Financial Officer the annual Field Finance & Logistics workshops: set the agenda, defines training objectives and assists the Regional (Finance and Logistics) Specialists to prepare individual workshop sessions.
RequirementsDo you meet the required criteria?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field, CPA/MBA preferred.
- You have at least 5 years’ progressive experience in International Humanitarian and Development Organisation, with four of those years spent in a supervisory role, with a preference working in Financial Management in the field and/or in a regional position.
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in managing grants (USAID/EU funded projects preferred).
- You have excellent oral and written verbal communication skills including ability to explain organization's policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing and production of timely, comprehensive & well-written documents.
- You have demonstrable knowledge of the rules, regulations and donor policies governing the compliance / regulatory management of grants from the US Government, the EU, ECHO, the UN and other agencies.
- You have significant experience with automated business and financial systems, spreadsheets, word processing, database software is essential.
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills including ability to plan for multiple contingencies and strong attention to detail.
- You have demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting Gender Equality within the humanitarian and/or development work.
- Demonstrable experience and skill with budget preparation and Analysis, financial and logistics reporting preparation and presentation, and the proven ability to translate technical financial & logistics data into informative reports.
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You are a tactful speaker & expert listener.
- You are able to continuously motivate yourself and your teams to deliver high standards of work.
- Ability to foster an environment that reinforces values of women and men, and equal Access to Information.
- Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
- Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, boys and girls regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Value and respect for all cultures.
BenefitsAction Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to: -
- Health Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities