IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports citizens’ right to participate the electoral process. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions. IFES provides technical assistance and conducts applied research to strengthen electoral practices and democratic institutions, and empower the underrepresented to participate in the democratic process. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has implemented integrated, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 135 countries. The Regional Director" id="link" class="link">Deputy Director for Africa is responsible for providing leadership to program development, planning and implementation in addition to donor outreach, Business Development and representation. He/she serves as an Africa team’s lead for programmatic and administrative, and personnel oversight along with the Regional Director. Job Responsibilities: The Deputy Director supports the Regional Director in Program Implementation, Administration, Financial Management, personnel evaluation and oversight, strategic planning and business development. The Deputy Director will also serve as acting Regional Director when required.Apply Now
- Contributes to development of regional strategic plans. Supports overall strategic direction. Seeks out business development opportunities.
- Accountable to Regional Director for fiscal management of projects and adherence to contractual obligations.
- Cultivates relationship with peers, subordinates, funder community, chiefs of party, field offices, and consultants at large to advance awareness of IFES’ regional reputation and project success.
- Supports team environment, collaboration and consensus building across all departments at IFES.
- Supports management of resources to ensure competency in proposal development process. Ensures timely & competitive responses to RFAs and RFPs.
- Conducts performance evaluations of staff & supports recruitment.
- Contributes to development of staff and a high performance team. Exercises formal actions pertaining to employee relations.
- Responsible for completion of monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Represents the department at internal project and development meetings and externally to donors and partners at meetings and briefings.
- Works individually and with others in developing written pieces to raise IFES’ visibility as a thought leader.