MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the US State Department, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com . Proposal Summary: The goal of this project is to build ties between communities and government stakeholders in remote border regions vulnerable to Violent Extremism to inform national and regional-level preventing and countering violent extremism (P/CVE) policies and response. Countries of focus will be Benin, Togo, Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire, and should include Coordination with Burkina Faso as appropriate. **Please note: Only citizens of Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Benin or Togo are eligible. Fluency in English and French are required. Position Summary: The Regional Coordinator is responsible for managing administrative, contractual, financial and logistical aspects of the project. S/he will report to the Project Director and Regional Manager on the project. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates. Responsibilities:Apply Now
- Serves as the primary point of contact for field office and home office staff on management, operations and coordinating stakeholders.
- Lends expertise on conflict and peacebuilding in the region, especially as it may relate to emerging challenges with violent extremism.
- Contributes to the development of community-led research approaches relevant to the region and selection of local partners.
- Provides support to Logistics and building relations with relevant civil society and government stakeholders for culminating regional events.
- Supports the team with grant package review and grant management.
- Coordinates recruitment and logistics for onboarding country coordinators.
- Works closely with MSI's home office point of contact on writing and editing of contract deliverables, including quarterly and annual reports.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience
- Deep experience in supporting conflict mitigation and community cohesion in coastal west Africa required
- Established understanding and contacts with government stakeholders related to conflict mitigation and P/CVE in coast west Africa desired
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in international development, peacebuilding or related field (master's degree preferred)
- Familiarity with U.S. Government regulations strongly preferred
- Experience working with grants strongly preferred
- Ability to work and travel to multi-cultural environments and build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues in French and English-speaking cultures
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- French and English proficiency required