Grade: P4 Vacancy no.: RAPS/2/2020/AM/01 Publication date: 10 July 2020 Application deadline (midnight Geneva time): 10 August 2020 Contract type: Fixed Term The following are eligible to apply:Apply Now
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the ILO Staff Regulations.
- External candidates.
- Review the work of other professional and general service staff for compliance with HR rules and regulations and for soundness of judgement and conclusions. May also directly supervise a specialized HR unit.
- Provide expert advice on the development, implementation and Administration of the area(s) of functional responsibility.
- Assess and determine organisational and programme needs for new or modified HR policies and practices, taking into account changing circumstances and environment, and consult with managers and staff representatives on proposed HR policies or modifications, participating in negotiations with the Staff Union as required.
- Conceive, formulate, test and advocate within the Organization new and/or improved approaches, processes or techniques for the delivery of HR services. Develop comprehensive and proactive procedures and programmes to deal with the HR needs of the organisation. Plan, direct and monitor the introduction of changes.
- Formulate the position of the Organization on HR policies and on the application of rules and regulations to highly sensitive or contentious cases and recommend appropriate action to senior management.
- Analyse and ensure compatibility of HR regulations formulated at inter-agency level with those formulated and applied by the Organization.
- Determine contentious and complex cases of eligibility of staff to entitlements or benefits. Certify benefits and ensure the correct application of decisions taken at the common system level on entitlements and benefits.
- Serve as secretary to policy level committees in the area of expertise. Present and discuss technical matters and provide technical advice on positions to be taken at the inter-agency level.
- Represent the organisation at inter-agency meetings as well as on missions. Prepare papers and statistics, exchange information on practices, negotiate the adaptation of common system practices, and enhance collaboration at the common system level. Represent the HR department in working group and joint committee meetings in the area of functional responsibility.
- Prepare and conduct training in the relevant HR field.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to ILO Staff Regulations and other relevant internal rules. Any offer of employment with the ILO is conditional upon certification by the ILO Medical Adviser that the person concerned is medically fit to perform the specific inherent requirements of the position offered. In order to confirm an offer from the ILO the successful candidate will be required to undergo a medical examination.
- The first contract will be issued for a twenty-four month period.
- A successful external candidate will be on probation for the first two years of assignment.
- Any extension of contract beyond the probation period is subject to satisfactory conduct and performance.